VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Can’t believe some are complaining that VAR is too harsh when a player is marginally offside or when a keeper marginally comes off there line - shall we just say goals should be given if it’s a few millimetres near the line

I don’t think that’s the point mate. The point is that he tech just isn’t sharp enough to make those mm calls. One frame someone can be onside and one frame offside and it isn’t clear when ball was played, etc

With regards to the keepers moving rule, even Phil Neville gets it, VAR did it’s job the problem is the rule. I anticipate several other rule changes over the coming seasons when VAR points out how stupid certain rules are. Whilst I don’t agree with the rule,

I do take slight issue with people saying how it’s unfair on the keepers and favours the attacker, a penalty kick is supposed to favour the attacker.

Really don’t get this “it takes the emotion from the game”’claim either. The emotion stems from officiating errors and/or Mistakes. They are not meant to be part of the game, VAR corrects this, how is that a bad thing? Look at rugby, tennis, cricket, American football etc they have all been enhanced with the introduction of technology reducing or eradicating officiating errors and all are better for it so why do people want football to remain in the past?

once teething problems are ironed out and nonsensical rules are amended, it will become the norm and the game will be infinitely better for it.

With regards to the keepers moving rule, even Phil Neville gets it, VAR did it’s job the problem is the rule. I anticipate several other rule changes over the coming seasons when VAR points out how stupid certain rules are. Whilst I don’t agree with the rule,

I do take slight issue with people saying how it’s unfair on the keepers and favours the attacker, a penalty kick is supposed to favour the attacker.

Really don’t get this “it takes the emotion from the game”’claim either. The emotion stems from officiating errors and/or Mistakes. They are not meant to be part of the game, VAR corrects this, how is that a bad thing? Look at rugby, tennis, cricket, American football etc they have all been enhanced with the introduction of technology reducing or eradicating officiating errors and all are better for it so why do people want football to remain in the past?

once teething problems are ironed out and nonsensical rules are amended, it will become the norm and the game will be infinitely better for it.

I assume you were not at the Shalke game where we celebrated the goals then waited for minutes for each one before knowing whether the goals stood! It’s ridiculous the length of time taken to make the decision. That’s what takes the enjoyment out of the game!
People watching at home are better informed about what is going on than those in the stadium!
It needs a radical rethink on how it is to be used.
CTID

No, no, no, no and again no. The game will be so much worse. You will never again be able to celebrate a goal at the time the ball hits the back of the net and both the ref and the liner, like you, think its a perfectly good goal. You have to wait minutes while some unseen person/people at a video screen analyse the move to death to see if they can find anything wrong with it. And if you think that analysis will be fair and square you've been watching a different game to me for the last decade or five. The worst thing to be introduced to the game, ever.

If you don’t get why it takes the emotion from the game then you’re part of the problem.

No idea how that USA goal has just been given with VAR
The problem is, you only think its offside after its been reviewed, and even then I don't agree it is. The offside rule now is supposed to be that you're only offside if you go to touch the ball, nothing to do with "interfering" any more. Its not clear she did go to the ball, to me she barely moved, but she couldn't have got it anyway as the Swedish player flicked it on, the referee reviewed it and was happy to give it both times.

Too much is getting referred now, some over millimetres, when as I said elsewhere, the camera technology isn't good enough for that.

It seems to me with VAR that we are still going to get random decisions sometimes (Just as we did when it was just the ref/lino making the decisions) but the joy of celebrating will be killed. It cant carry imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.