VAR (PL introduction 2019)

But Spurs fans were ecstatic, even singing about there love for VAR, for them the decision to give the goal was probably a better feeling that the initial goal, speculating here and honestly not trying to wind up , but when VAR rules in your favour I can see how after the doubt of whether it was a goal it can lead to bigger celebrations.
It’s happened without VAR many times.
A goal goes in, everyone cheers, the ref then runs over to the lino, they have a long discussion - and the ref point to the centre circle , that’s followed by a more ecstatic celebration than the initial goal.
I'd agree with this. We haven't had one go our way yet though as UEFA don't want us winning the CL.

But Spurs fans were ecstatic, even singing about there love for VAR, for them the decision to give the goal was probably a better feeling that the initial goal, speculating here and honestly not trying to wind up , but when VAR rules in your favour I can see how after the doubt of whether it was a goal it can lead to bigger celebrations.
A goal goes in, everyone cheers, the ref then runs over to the lino, they have a long discussion - and the ref point to the centre circle , that’s followed by a more ecstatic celebration than the initial goal.

I can see your point if youre into courtroom dramas or soap opera twists and turns. I just like to bloody cheer when my team scores a goal and the ref and liner haven't seen anything wrong with it. Of course the spurs fans were singing their love for VAR because two controversial decisions went in their favour. They wont be singing their love if they score an 89th minute winner in a big game then VAR chalk it off because one of their players was 0.002 mm offside (providing the stop the video at the correct millisecond of course). Frankly its a shambles. If last nights game wasn't enough to prove it to people then nothing ever will.

So in the penalty situation it looks to me like they only use VAR if the penalty is missed.
If the attacker scores, they don't appear to mind that the keeper is off the line or there are about 6 players encroaching.
Is this correct?

Its correct providing the scoring team is the one they want to win. If its the other team, its a re-take. Ridiculous.

I can almost guarantee that those on here supporting VAR will be spitting blood about 10 games into next season when the Scouse are top on the back of about a dozen more than dodgy VAR decisions in their favour.

I can see your point if youre into courtroom dramas or soap opera twists and turns. I just like to bloody cheer when my team scores a goal and the ref and liner haven't seen anything wrong with it. Of course the spurs fans were singing their love for VAR because two controversial decisions went in their favour. They wont be singing their love if they score an 89th minute winner in a big game then VAR chalk it off because one of their players was 0.002 mm offside (providing the stop the video at the correct millisecond of course). Frankly its a shambles. If last nights game wasn't enough to prove it to people then nothing ever will.

I know we’re going around in circles. But how many games are labelled shambles by a clueless ref ?
Very few goals are stopped for VAR and the longer we give it time the quicker and better the system will be.

I’d be happy to just stick with the current system of a ref and a couple linos if it meant Fans, Media and Pundits give them a break and accept the ref has a impossible job with the speed of the game and 22 cheating players on the field appealing for everything.

I keep hearing VAR technology works, well it should because its only multiple camera angles, sky have been doing it for decades, the issue is the dicks making up the rules and more dicks implementing said rules and that unfortunately is where the problem lies and will continue to lie. This will kill the game as we know it and do you know what it's been not too bad for over a century

Geoff Hurst, Rudolf Dienst and Tofik Bakhramov come to mind. 1966.

Of course the spurs fans were singing their love for VAR because two controversial decisions went in their favour. They wont be singing their love if they score an 89th minute winner in a big game then VAR chalk it off because one of their players was 0.002 mm offside (providing the stop the video at the correct millisecond of course).
Its not whether they stop the video at the correct millisecond, its how good the video is, currently they can only view the frames available, and there aren't enough to be millimetre precise, even with UHD, depending on the speed of play, the time between available frames is too long, its certainly not milliseconds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.