Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will trust pep on this one as there is no way he will be getting told he has to have maguire! Pep will want him and will have a plan imo and we should back and trust him....... the crazy fucker!! Lol

Against us, he showed that there is enough stuff we could work with. And he would be around for maybe 7-8 years if needed.

I'm happy with whatever happens either way now tbh.

It would be a great pity for Maguire if he misses out & ends up at the swamp. Hopefully for his sake, Leicester give him a break & don't take the piss on the money.

Here is what happened to Mahrez last season.

He tipped up to City from Leicester, and was moving from a situation of being the best player in a non-ball controlling team (not expected to win every game) by a stretch to being a player in a world-class squad (who are expected to win just about every game).

He was the difference maker in quite a few games (Cardiff away, Spurs away, Bournemouth away) but suffered a crushing blow to his confidence with the Liverpool penalty miss (we sometimes forget, a little bit like with boxers, that it takes a lot of balls to put the focus on yourself like that).

He went for the easy pass - instead of taking on his man - on far too many occasions up until the last 4/5 games as his confidence was poor.

You saw a lot more of what i think will be next season's Mahrez at the end of the season, most notably in his performance against Brighton.

Similar - although not identical - accusation could have been made of Bernardo Silva in his first season (and David Silva also). He'll be right.

Anyway, that was very much off topic, and signing Maguire will - amongst other things - bring on John Stones. I hope we do sign him.

Hernandez Miguel, will be fine, what's not to like, he already looks great in blue.

He tipped up to City from Leicester, and was moving from a situation of being the best player in a non-ball controlling team (not expected to win every game) by a stretch to being a player in a world-class squad (who are expected to win just about every game).

He was the difference maker in quite a few games (Cardiff away, Spurs away, Bournemouth away) but suffered a crushing blow to his confidence with the Liverpool penalty miss (we sometimes forget, a little bit like with boxers, that it takes a lot of balls to put the focus on yourself like that).

He went for the easy pass - instead of taking on his man - on far too many occasions up until the last 4/5 games as his confidence was poor.

You saw a lot more of what i think will be next season's Mahrez at the end of the season, most notably in his performance against Brighton.

Similar - although not identical - accusation could have been made of Bernardo Silva in his first season (and David Silva also). He'll be right.

Anyway, that was very much off topic, and signing Maguire will - amongst other things - bring on John Stones. I hope we do sign him.

Agree with everything here minus the signing of Maguire part...

Lot's wrong,but still got 198 points and won all the domestic so not to worry. Wait until we manage to get something right eh.
We got lots more right obviously. But the guys are not infallible. Maguire might be an amazing signing, an average signing or a horrible signing. We don’t know. I’m sure we are not doing anything but the best we can do and we can’t more than that. So let them to it and let’s see.

I agree Mahrez looks like he's 'got it' now & may be very different next season.

We got lots more right obviously. But the guys are not infallible. Maguire might be an amazing signing, an average signing or a horrible signing. We don’t know. I’m sure we are not doing anything but the best we can do and we can’t more than that. So let them to it and let’s see.
Of course we don't know. What we do know is what's most probable though.

One clip when he just races past Yaya, not hard. But Maguire is a good PL player and will not let us down in the PL if we sign him. My concern would be in the CL, however on saying that even Laporte and Stones have struggled in the CL eg against Lyon and Laporte against Spurs.
I think against the scousers with maguire and laporte and rodri holding they would tear us apart theres hardly any pace between the three of them its got to be a concern?

I think against the scousers with maguire and laporte and rodri holding they would tear us apart theres hardly any pace between the three of them its got to be a concern?
Don't know but if it is a concern maybe we won't play that 3 in that game, we'll have Stones, Otamendi , Fernandinho we can use too same as last year when they took a fortunate point of us..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.