Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether it's an idea that Rodri could turn into Pep's Javi Martinez. A player who could be played at both Pivot and Centre Back. It would be worth exploring that possibility. He offers us height in the penalty box, defensive qualities and a ball playing CB who drops into the pivot role when we have the ball to offer a numerical advantage in the middle area of the field. I don't even actually think we are in desperate need of a CB with the emerging Eric Garcia/Sandler and the positional conversion of Fernandinho or Rodri.
CB doesn't come across as a priority issue.

But I definitely wouldn't sit here and voice a controversial opinion that Bernardo Silva is a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo- even though some City fans who are driven by passion and bias thoughts will do after a good season at the Club.
Say what now?

If you could sign either for Chelsea let’s say, as their manager, you’d pick Ronaldo over B.Silva now? Are you high?

Say what now?

If you could sign either for Chelsea let’s say, as their manager, you’d pick Ronaldo over B.Silva now? Are you high?
I'd pick Silva due to age and potential, that's a completely different argument though. Ronaldo is well into the back end of his career don't forget and Silva hasn't even come into his prime. On current ability Ronaldo is the better player right now. IMO there's only Messi who's better today in World Football, whilst some might even say Ronaldo is the best around.

I'd pick Silva, age and potential, that's a completely different argument. Ronaldo is well into the back end of his career don't forget, but on current ability Ronaldo is the better player right now. There's only Messi who's better.
Not on current ability, Bernardo has now gone past Ronaldo who is on a decline, from a high level but he is declining.

Not on current ability, Bernardo has now gone past Ronaldo who is on a decline, from a high level but he is declining.
One good season doesn't mean he's gone past him. Wouldn't really say Ronaldo is on the decline, he's still conditioned like a 21 year old. Put Bernardo in the Italian League and he probably wouldn't be as effective as he is in the PL. Italian League is far more tactical and slower which doesn't suit Ronaldo's game. If you put Ronaldo in City's side I definitely believe he would be the main man, and would break every goal record there is. Why? Because he's one of the best ever.

Read the posts again, i made one comment about me explaining why this forum can be very bullish at times considering i received a private message about me having an opinion that someone didn't like and i then got bombarded with debates on Kompany v Van Dijk.

Anyway, back on topic.
fucking wind you neck in, you like a turd that wont flush.

I wonder whether it's an idea that Rodri could turn into Pep's Javi Martinez. A player who could be played at both Pivot and Centre Back. It would be worth exploring that possibility. He offers us height in the penalty box, defensive qualities and a ball playing CB who drops into the pivot role when we have the ball to offer a numerical advantage in the middle area of the field. I don't even actually think we are in desperate need of a CB with the emerging Eric Garcia/Sandler and the positional conversion of Fernandinho or Rodri.
CB doesn't come across as a priority issue.
That's a better post, the most sensible and straightforward one to date.
More of these please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.