It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

He arguably had one of the most crucial and biggest says in our title win last season.

It was Maguire who scored the goal to earn a draw at Anfield, the day after we were down and out at Newcastle.

For that reason alone, it's a big fucking yes for me.

He's a big fucking lump for me but I am quite prepared to be proved wrong if he comes

Personally don't think we need a CB as the club may think. From what I've seen Eric Garcia and Sandler could step up this season with more games, they play the way we like to play and seem to have intelligence positionally.
Maguire could be money spending for the sake of it, like we did when we brought in Santa Cruz and Bony. Convert Fernandinho into a CB, and even use Walker there if we go with wing backs. Keep faith in what we already have.

Last edited:
Personally don't think we need a CB as the club may think. From what I've seen Eric Garcia and Sandler could step up this season with more games, they play the way we like to play and seem to have intelligence positionally.
Maguire could be money spending for the sake of it, like we did when we brought in Santa Cruz and Bony. Convert Fernandinho into a CB and job done. Keep faith in what we already have.
But what if stones and Laporte both have long term injury as per kdb last year. Would you be confident with Garcia and sander into back 4 with otamendi (if still here and focused)? I’m guessing Pep wouldn’t be

I’m not saying maguire the answer but we’ll be spending on someone, that’s for sure

But what if stones and Laporte both have long term injury as per kdb last year. Would you be confident with Garcia and sander into back 4 with otamendi (if still here and focused)? I’m guessing Pep wouldn’t be
Someone being brought in at 65m won't want to sit on the bench. He will be a first teamer, I'm sure Rodri could be converted into a CB given training. He's seems another Javi Martinez from what I've seen.
Yes, I would be confident in Eric Garcia. Kids make mistakes but so can older senior pro's. He's never really put a foot wrong in the games I have seen him and looks as assured as a young Centre Back can considering his age. Sandler also needs games and time to show his worth, he obviously has potential and seems to be a very intelligent lad with an eye for a pass. We will never know their true potential unless we put the trust into these players. It's exactly what Pep did with Kimmich and Zinchenko, Klopp did with Trent and Gomez and Fergie did with Scholes, Beckham and Neville.

Someone being brought in at 65m won't want to sit on the bench. He will be a first teamer, I'm sure Rodri could be converted into a CB given training. He's seems another Javi Martinez from what I've seen.
Yes, I would be confident in Eric Garcia. Kids make mistakes but so can older senior pro's. He's never really put a foot wrong in the games I have seen him and looks as assured as a young Centre Back can considering his age. Sandler also needs games and time to show his worth, he obviously has potential and seems to be a very intelligent lad with an eye for a pass. We will never know their true potential unless we put the trust into these players. It's exactly what Pep did with Kimmich and Zinchenko, Klopp did with Trent and Gomez and Fergie did with Scholes, Beckham and Neville.
For do’s citizen, personally I think pep knows otamendi off or is planning a system change, but who knows.
I think your right about Garcia and I can see both cups being used for the younger players. CL and prem the targets. But we’ll see, city not got much wrong for a while

So what's happening with Otamendi if we're signing Maguire?
I'd guess he want to go as he was reconsidering whether to stay after Kompany went. Or maybe he's said he still wants to go and that's why we are trying to bring in a replacement. Either way I'd expect him to go when he gets back from the Copa. Would be quite happy with Stones, Maguire, Laporte, Sandler, Garcia and Fernandinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.