Items you never see nowadays

The outdoor counter at the pub, trolleys, the sort you made with a plank of wood an some pram wheels,paraffin heaters,kitchen wall units with sliding doors, a classroom of children with only one/two fat ones, 40 inch bags(the trousers I mean). bovril crisps, that chewing gum with the runny bit in the middle, cresta pop, cb radios, those little war comics with the glossy cover(where the germans would say mein gott,or achtung just before they were slaughtered), cinema usherettes who showed you to your seat with a torch and came with a tray of stuff during the interval too.
I know a lot of these are not items as such, and apologies if any already mentioned or still seen now. Oh, and a bbc that is quality and not biased,agenda driven,complacent and believing itself to be above any recourse for its actions.

Rotary Phones with those round turn dials that clink when they snap back.
Brand items that don't fucking break the moment their warranties lapse.
Children's Cartoons on Saturday morning television that actually were mindless fun and slapstick humor.
R.C. Cola -- Used to be everywhere in the US, but they lost soft drink wars and international brand rights were sold.
Medium cooked fast food burgers
Reusable college textbooks
Taverns and Roadhouses in the US where working men got tanked after work. Now every pub has to have an extensive food menu and ever bar a ton of sports shows going on at all times.
NCAA Basketball teams with players that stayed more than three semesters.

Teasmaids
Terry Towelling nappies (not a fetish before anybody comments) everyone uses disposable nappies

Who remembers those glass cups that had different coloured plastic bottoms that you swap? Mostly used for tea and coffee.

Found them.

Vintage-1970s-Tall-Glass-Plastic-Mugs-Tea-coffee-Retro.jpg

I used to love flying a kite when I was a kid, especially on family holidays at the coast. I used to tie the string to the back of a deckchair and on a breezy day it would stay up, till the incoming tide drove us off the beach. Kites and deckchairs both seem to be things of the past.

Bronco toilet paper, horse drawn rag and bone cart, handcarts, Timothy Whites And Taylors, dubbin, sweet cigarettes, Ford Anglia, Red Barrel, parma violets, women with rollers and a headscarf, Miss Geer getting undressed in the window across the road (oops).

Parma violets, still going strong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.