Gundogan back to Dortmund ?

I think gundogan is a great player. He covered the dino role brilliantly when he had to, he scores some great and important goals, technically very good and is experienced.
I don't get this hate for him I really don't, he's had bad games like most, we need to keep him and like @karen7 said we need to keep numbers up not deplete the squad.

Sure with a run of games I warm to him, but I cant remember if it was Swansea or The Foxes In the cup he was truly dog shit, and very static. I don't boo or have a player in a City blue shirt I rally against, I just don't think there is much of a role for him going forward. A fit Ferna or New grounds with Rodri, Dave In his twilight Bernardo in the middle, Kev fully fit, Foden easing in Zinch if we get a solid left back. Who's place in the starting 11 does Gund take? Can you honestly say he is in the starting 11?
The thing is with Gundog , you’ll only know he’s not there , when , you know , he’s not actually there.
Boys a genius and if he was starting for any other team , we’d covet the fucker

Sure with a run of games I warm to him, but I cant remember if it was Swansea or The Foxes In the cup he was truly dog shit, and very static. I don't boo or have a player in a City blue shirt I rally against, I just don't think there is much of a role for him going forward. A fit Ferna or New grounds with Rodri, Dave In his twilight Bernardo in the middle, Kev fully fit, Foden easing in Zinch if we get a solid left back. Who's place in the starting 11 does Gund take? Can you honestly say he is in the starting 11?
There are no starting 11. But more likely than not he'll take Dave's spot.

The thing is with Gundog , you’ll only know he’s not there , when , you know , he’s not actually there.
Boys a genius and if he was starting for any other team , we’d covet the fucker
Id say the same about Ferna personally, but I see your point, all I have said against “gundog” is that with 7 other options who I personally regard as, as good, if he doesn't sign its not the end of the world. Perhaps because I am a City fan, the only way I see things is, the second you are offered a contract for this club, surly you bite the hands off the person offering it. The fact he hasn't for me means I cant warm to him, add in the piss poor away performance at Swansea/the foxes, I just dont see it as the end of the world.

Can I ask then, if/when Sane resigns, sorts his attitude out etc, Bernardo/Foden wouldnt be better suited, work rate athleticism age etc.
60 game season, Dave 20 games Bernardo/Foden 40 in that position for me. Obvs Bernardo will also be required on the wing from time to time also. Same goes for Ferna, 20 or so games for him and 40 for Rodri

Id say the same about Ferna personally, but I see your point, all I have said against “gundog” is that with 7 other options who I personally regard as, as good, if he doesn't sign its not the end of the world. Perhaps because I am a City fan, the only way I see things is, the second you are offered a contract for this club, surly you bite the hands off the person offering it. The fact he hasn't for me means I cant warm to him, add in the piss poor away performance at Swansea/the foxes, I just dont see it as the end of the world.
Agreed , but Ferna isn’t in the spotlight . ( Go back a couple of years etc )
A footballer like Gundogan will always divide opinions because he’s not as famous as X but he’s better than Y . He is as complete a passer as you will wish to see , can’t tackle for toffee , but a footballer that fits City .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.