Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that he's 26 years old and he's not a young player anymore. If he signs a five year deal to take him to age 31 this is where the bulk of his career earnings of going to come from. Of course if it goes well he could get renewed before that, but it's not really the time to take a discount.
However, there is the small matters of Champions League football, trophies, playing under Guardiola, all of which will enhance his international standings.

Of course if he moves here, he'll get a wage bump, but it will be in line with our current wage structure which I assume is far higher than Leicester's, but my point still stands.

We are no longer 'Money City' as spurted out during Kolo Toure's Freudian slip at his first press conference as a City player, we're Manchester City, the most successful English Club over the last 10 years. Players are coming to us based on this fact, over the wages on offer.

De Ligt is reportedly on his way to Juventus. I doubt they are paying him 300k+/a week?

If Juve can afford him. I'm sure we could too.
We could pay 500.000 no problem but the rest of the squad would be knocking on the Tixi's door. 1 thing City have is a stable club & bonding others dont. If you perform you get rewarded. Bonuses linked.

Fair point and I know what you mean. However, in football it and given we are talking the Prem it will never ever happen. City are the chasing club we've approached him and his people in trying to persuade him to join are club. Unfortunately there is simply to much money in this industry for players and their agents not to consider as a matter of course an increase in their wage with each move.
The other matter is that everything you have described in your first paragraph is City, with the added bonus of a salary bump.
I doubt it will take much persuading for Maguire to want to come to City, if he really wants to leave Leicester. We're no longer that club who can only offer high wages, & a project dream to be realised years in the future.

That future is now & I'm glad of our policy of only wanting players who want to play for us above all else & that includes money. If we chase excellence, as we've seen the money will follow.

Left with a choice of remaining at Leicester, or joining City on the same money, backed by higher win bonuses, where dya reckon he'd want to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.