Player numbers available

Not a fan of retiring numbers in general. I prefer the approach of waiting for the right player to inherit the number, like Roma are doing with Totti's 10.

This can create a problem where you build up a load of unnecessary hype around a number. The rags have done this with #7 which was Ronaldos and everyone to wear it since has been sh!te and therefore there is now added pressure with wearing that number.

Let the players sort it out.

I've always seen 6 as a midfield number, annoyed the hell out of me when Lescott got it.

Holding Mids are 4 in England and 6 in the rest of the world. Depends on your perspective. Presumably Rodri would want 6 and Laporte would want 4 based on their nationalities.

My favorite baseball team (Phillies) has been around since 1883 and only have retired 5 numbers (1,14,20,32,36). The rule is that you have to be a Hall of Famer which is really rare. If you did it you'd have to be beyond great maybe so great that Merlin wouldn't be included.
Come on mods, that's got to be worth a ban!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.