Back up keeper?

Asier Riesgo will become Manchester City’s third choice goalkeeper from July 1st, with an announcement set to be made in the coming days. The 35-year-old will be given the opportunity to work as a goalkeeping coach at City following his retirement. [@marca]

Riesgo’s contract terms have already been agreed and those close to the player believe he will soon ‘pack his bags’. Riesgo knows he will not get much game time, but making this jump at this stage of his career gives him a ‘reason to go to work every day with a smile.’

Asier Riesgo will become Manchester City’s third choice goalkeeper from July 1st, with an announcement set to be made in the coming days. The 35-year-old will be given the opportunity to work as a goalkeeping coach at City following his retirement. [@marca]

Riesgo’s contract terms have already been agreed and those close to the player believe he will soon ‘pack his bags’. Riesgo knows he will not get much game time, but making this jump at this stage of his career gives him a ‘reason to go to work every day with a smile.’
Seems bizarre to me if Bravo has recovered. Why do we need two experienced goalkeepers? Its extremely unlikely both Ederson and Bravo get crocked.

Seems Bravo isn't ready for the season and Riesgo is a cheap cover.

One of them certainly not being registered for the PL + CL squad.

Surely that means Muric goes out on loan.

The Spanish Richard Wright by the looks of it.

Will never play and will help get him into keeper coaching in the future is my guess.

Not a chance we will have 3 foreign goalkeepers. There’s currently no room for him and theres no wiggle room either unless we get rid of a key squad member for the sake of a ball boy.

Ederson bravo
Danilo otamendi Laporte mendy zinchenko
Fernandinho gundogan silva Bernardo kdb
Sane mahrez Aguero Jesus

That’s 16 and Leaves one space for Rodri or any other Fernandinho replacement. who’s expendable there knowing they won’t be replaced?

really shouldn’t be wasting 2 precious spots on that position imo, having a club trained 2nd choice is a very easy way of gaining an extra squad player but Pep thinks differently

City make excellent decisions usually but I didn’t understand keeping Mangala and I don’t get this one either (though not nearly as bad)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.