Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we sign Riesgo (Free), Maguire (£65m), Cancelo (£50m), Rodri (£65m), and Angelino (£6m), selling Muric (£5m), Delph (£10m) and Danilo (£25m) in the process, our squad will be... what?

Ederson, Bravo, Riesgo

Walker, Cancelo
Stones, Laporte, Otamendi, Maguire
Zinchenko, Mendy, Angelino

Rodri, Fernandinho
De Bruyne, Foden, D. Silva, Gundogan (+ Zinchenko)
Sterling, Bernardo
Mahrez, Sané

Aguero, Jesus

Works for me.

One to many foreign players for them all to be in the squad. Worryingly I doubt we signed that goalkeeper and not assured him of a place in the squad albeit 3rd choice gk.

I disagree with the passes you’re claiming are poor. To anyone who understands the game there is fuck all wrong with them.

Aside from that, the rest of my point stands.

Guardiola knows better than you.

End of.
The one across the box (1:30 into the clip) - Why does his central defensive partner nearly get caught in possession? It’s clearly a horrible pass that puts him in a difficult position. You claim your understanding of the game is better than mine so please explain if it’s not Maguire at fault, how is his central defensive partner at fault? Maguire has two options:

1. The pass should either have gone back to the keeper (safest option) allowing the centre backs to split and a midfielder drop in to support.
2. The pass should have been played with more power across his partners body to allow him to pass the ball out to the right back or into midfield as he would have had more time on the ball (playing out of the press). He would also be on his stronger foot to make the pass.

Zinchenko has been playing leftback for us but that is not his natural position at all. I suspect he will get some time in the middle this season. He’s been incredible in CM for Ukraine.
i understand that, all i can say is international football is totally different from the premier league, Vinny started out as a midfielder, then switched to central defender and the rest is history, so natural positions work for some in a team set up and not for others.

This is the one transfer in recent times that I cannot work out for the life of me. Goes completely against our transfer policy in recent years where we've picked up young, exciting talent for less than their market value and built them up. A 70m+ figure for Maguire would literally be us inflating the market for a mediocre CB that we don't even necessarily need that will have a poor resale value if it doesn't work out. This isn't a 'in Pep we trust' thing, we're all aware of Maguires abilities and his significant weaknesses. I'd much rather see us promote Sandler/Garcia or bring in a younger, cheaper option that Pep can work with and improve. Maguire seems like a step in the wrong direction for me. If he comes I'll support him but I'm not a fan of this if reports are believed.
This.

It doesn't make sense.

So if we sign Riesgo (Free), Maguire (£65m), Cancelo (£50m), Rodri (£65m), and Angelino (£6m), selling Muric (£5m), Delph (£10m) and Danilo (£25m) in the process, our squad will be... what?

Works for me.
that is one hell of a squad with no discernible weakness and a great deal of flexible cover for all positions.

Odd that rags are stocking up in English players under the guise that “Ole’s rebuilding”

Could Gill have alerted them that the number of homegrown in squads is going to be increased??? Another way to stop City buying top foreign players now FFP can’t stop us.

Could also be the reason we’re going for McGuire.

Hope we don’t sell Muric - loan for a season maybe.

Works for me.
We might get £5m for Mangala as well.

The one across the box (1:30 into the clip) - Why does his central defensive partner nearly get caught in possession? It’s clearly a horrible pass that puts him in a difficult position. You claim your understanding of the game is better than mine so please explain if it’s not Maguire at fault, how is his central defensive partner at fault? Maguire has two options:

1. The pass should either have gone back to the keeper (safest option) allowing the centre backs to split and a midfielder drop in to support.
2. The pass should have been played with more power across his partners body to allow him to pass the ball out to the right back or into midfield as he would have had more time on the ball (playing out of the press). He would also be on his stronger foot to make the pass.

If you did a video of John Stones' passing fuckups, it would last 'til Christmas & Vinny's would be even longer.

Central defenders knocking the ball about= mistakes, no matter how 'comfortable' they are.

Have the summer off mate. You’re boring as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.