UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post and I would agree with most of it. It's heavily stacked in favour of the already big and rich club's, that's life though, it can be shit sometimes. In all walks of life it's set up by the rich to protect the rich.

Where I disagree with you is using Utd for comparison purposes, they are consistently one of the richest club's in the world and still will be when they're struggling away looking for the next messiah to bring back the glory days. Picking the 4th or 5th best team in the championship and expecting they can over take Man Utd in a couple of years is unrealistic. No more than it's realistic to expect your local corner shop to be taking on Tesco or a start up taking on Google or Pfizer. As they grow they are swallowed up by the establishment, it's how big business works and always will.

Would FFP stop Leeds overhauling Man Utd in 3 years? 100% It would, would it stop them over 15 years, I don't see any reason why it would. There are examples of what can be achieved by working within your resources over a long period of time, Spurs being a great example that a good manager, smart spending and a long term plan can bring success. Monaco and Ajax are other fine examples of using limited resources well.

For reasons previously stated I don't have an issue with FFP preventing club's going mad and risking everything for a quick shot at success.

Do you work for UEFA ?

Just remind me, which trophies have Spurs won with their recent "success"
Monaco spent fortunes for years playing in front of 10,000 crowds, hardly an example of spending within your means.

Apart from you and and fans of Rags and Dippers and the other cartel ,it's pretty obvious to all what FFP motives are, and it is certainly not to prevent clubs going "mad and risking everything" otherwise there would be a debt clause inserted.

In case you hadn't noticed I'll remind you.
MCFC's owners invested with their own money - not borrowings against the club, grew the business, built a successful club with a global profile that now operates in profit, is a sustainable and viable business which has a monetary value in excess of the owners investment. This is what FFP is designed to stop.

Good post and I would agree with most of it. It's heavily stacked in favour of the already big and rich club's, that's life though, it can be shit sometimes. In all walks of life it's set up by the rich to protect the rich.

Where I disagree with you is using Utd for comparison purposes, they are consistently one of the richest club's in the world and still will be when they're struggling away looking for the next messiah to bring back the glory days. Picking the 4th or 5th best team in the championship and expecting they can over take Man Utd in a couple of years is unrealistic. No more than it's realistic to expect your local corner shop to be taking on Tesco or a start up taking on Google or Pfizer. As they grow they are swallowed up by the establishment, it's how big business works and always will.

Would FFP stop Leeds overhauling Man Utd in 3 years? 100% It would, would it stop them over 15 years, I don't see any reason why it would. There are examples of what can be achieved by working within your resources over a long period of time, Spurs being a great example that a good manager, smart spending and a long term plan can bring success. Monaco and Ajax are other fine examples of using limited resources well.

For reasons previously stated I don't have an issue with FFP preventing club's going mad and risking everything for a quick shot at success.
Monaco ?

I suppose you are not really familiar with Monaco. They were in Ligue 2, the second division of French football and was on the verge of going down to the National,the third division of French football. Then, a russian billionaire took over and started to spend crazy money even in Ligue 2. It allowed them to go back to Ligue 1. They then proceeded to buy Falcao and get the record signing fee in Ligue 1 ex aequo with PSG (Cavani), while they were newly promoted. They bought James Rodriguez for a fortune too and a lot of players under Mendes influence. Being able to outspend PSG under the Qataris in Ligue 1 is no small feat. What happened afterwards is, as they don't bring in any revenue from match day tickets and few from the commercial side, they had to sell some of those players when UEFA told them they would be crushed hard by FFP. The great Monaco team that beat City in CL and PSG in the league was majorly built from the first opulent signings from their owner. They proceeded to change their politic and sold all their players with Mendy and Bernardo at City, Mbappé at PSG notably. And last year, they almost went down. The conclusion is, without FFP, they would have been able to compete in Ligue 1 and in CL on a long term. With FFP, their team has disbanded and they are no threat to anyone.

I'm less privy to Ajax business but, before this year, they had not won anything at all. Nothing in years. The odd good year will stay just that. They are already selling their top prospects de Jong and de Ligt.

Spurs are lucky to be a PL team. They are bagging the big TV rights who amount to a bigger sum than champions from Germany, Italy or France can dream to get. That alone can allow them to be "competitive" compared to your Monaco or Ajax. Still, they are nowhere near the big boys.

Monaco ?

I suppose you are not really familiar with Monaco. They were in Ligue 2, the second division of French football and was on the verge of going down to the National,the third division of French football. Then, a russian billionaire took over and started to spend crazy money even in Ligue 2. It allowed them to go back to Ligue 1. They then proceeded to buy Falcao and get the record signing fee in Ligue 1 ex aequo with PSG (Cavani), while they were newly promoted. They bought James Rodriguez for a fortune too and a lot of players under Mendes influence. Being able to outspend PSG under the Qataris in Ligue 1 is no small feat. What happened afterwards is, as they don't bring in any revenue from match day tickets and few from the commercial side, they had to sell some of those players when UEFA told them they would be crushed hard by FFP. The great Monaco team that beat City in CL and PSG in the league was majorly built from the first opulent signings from their owner. They proceeded to change their politic and sold all their players with Mendy and Bernardo at City, Mbappé at PSG notably. And last year, they almost went down. The conclusion is, without FFP, they would have been able to compete in Ligue 1 and in CL on a long term. With FFP, their team has disbanded and they are no threat to anyone.

I'm less privy to Ajax business but, before this year, they had not won anything at all. Nothing in years. The odd good year will stay just that. They are already selling their top prospects de Jong and de Ligt.

Spurs are lucky to be a PL team. They are bagging the big TV rights who amount to a bigger sum than champions from Germany, Italy or France can dream to get. That alone can allow them to be "competitive" compared to your Monaco or Ajax. Still, they are nowhere near the big boys.

I remember that now that you mention it. Monaco not the desired example so.

So how many clubs, have 'overhauled' Utd without spending big money, in the last 20 odd years ?

How many have even 'overhauled' Spurs & Arsenal, or Liverpool ?

Khaldoon in meeting with the US Secretary of State today.

Gives you context- that dealing with FFP will be one of the lesser concerns and City are in in able hands

Have we been charged yet, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?. Seriously, how long does it take to look into sponsorship deals, accounts etc, if it did indeed start a few months ago. Maybe we'll get screwed when we're about to make our first summer signing, when they hit us with an imminent transfer ban as well. Wouldn't put anything past those ****s at UEFA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.