Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are looking at filling quotas, we should buy where the player truly benefits the team.

He offers something different. Otamendi rumoured to be waiting for green light to go and Kompany already gone. So Stones, Maguire and Laporte might be sharing duties and Pep counting on Garcia, Walker(esp if Cancelo rumours true) and Fernandinho to cover for injuries/suspensions. Sounds feasible. Chilwell looks off the table. Mendy is working hard, and Zin looks ready to go again. Delph must be close to exit. Angelino might be added too.

Bar maybe Kane and Sancho, the England squad is pretty dire.

Ha - yeah I can see where you're coming from with this comment.

Of course Pep is going to make mistakes - he's only human. As long as he makes more success than mistakes & we don't use this cult saying as a scapegoat.

I highly doubt Pep is waiting by the phone to see if the Harry Maguire transfer has gone through. He's probably on a beach or golf course somewhere. Most likely gave his input on areas to strengthen & a group of players he initially would approve of joining & then left the board to it before going on hols.
Totally agree, I'm sure he gives input into the process and will come in if needed but I get the sense Pep leaves it mostly to Txiki & Co. Maguire seems much more likely to be driven by the need for homegrown players in the squad, with Pep's approval, rather than being a Pep driven signing.

Just in general, the idea of our transfer strategy being beyond reproach since we've been so good over the last few years is a little silly to me. Obviously I'm loving it but we've made mistakes even in this period. Everyone agrees that we were in for Jorginho, Alexis, Alves, and Fred at one point and now most agree that we've dodged a bullet by not signing them. Nolito and Bravo were signings that we did make that didn't work out for one reason or another. Mistakes happen and theres always room to improve.

Well, I think that he'd be a damn decent buy! De Ligt is pricing himself out of a move here, so lets go get a decent proven player at this level, who is on the market it seems. Remember the same reservations people had over a certain Richard Dunne in the beginning ………….and he didn't turn out to be half-bad did he, just saying!!
Dunne was decent and I'm not going to badmouth a player that was decent for the level the team were at the time. By not 'turning out to be half-bad' I assume you are referring to his EPL records for the most sending off and most own goals? Both of which still stand today.

I don't mind him. Especially as people here been banging on about how he will improve our aerial duels in defensive end but feck no the price if what's is reported is true. 80m is insane for a just good defender who lacks pace. That price we should get a great defender in the class of vvd and de ligt.

People keep saying this about DeLigt but signing him would be a bigger gamble than Maguire. We already know Maguire can perform in the premier league. It’s something de Ligt would need to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.