Standout Live Performances that hit you.

Champness Hall 75 anyone ? I couldn't describe the evening any finer than Andy Daly so I wont.

https://andydaly.blog/2011/02/01/live-15th-nov-1975-of-course-its/

ZXiu1Yi.jpg

And lastly this performance was nothing short of the spectacular at the hallowed Woodstock that in all honesty I claim no fame to having attending but I can dream the dream that others not dissimilar to me dream and by the courtesy of the You-Tube Tardis transport me back to a time worthy of being transporting back to. In my opinion the finest live performance I have ever ever seen from a band that simply takes my oxygen away so Santana without further to do I salute your indefatigablity.. If you do have a moment to spare then have a listen to these two tracks and witness immortals engaging in action. And when performance was finished they turned away and walked off ..no showboating .. no gloating and masters of their chosen craft !

Last edited:
Saw them last week at Victoria Warehouse. At 45 yrs old I was comfortably the oldest person in there. Good though!

I love seeing some of the older performances of classic groups from my youth I never got the opportunity to see. Like this from the old grey whistle test.

How young do they look!!

This is one of my first really influencial performances I saw "on the telly". Must have been 11 or 12, it was a repeat. I saw this and thought "wow! that's what all the fuss is about".

Here is Manchester's greatest ever export showing everyone else how live music is done. I dare you to watch it all the way through.

That was brilliant.
Only ever knew the one song. Sit Down.
I’ll be searching the back catalogue.
Thanks for posting.

Champness Hall 75 anyone ? I couldn't describe the evening any finer than Andy Daly so I wont.

https://andydaly.blog/2011/02/01/live-15th-nov-1975-of-course-its/

ZXiu1Yi.jpg

And lastly this performance was nothing short of the spectacular at the hallowed Woodstock that in all honesty I claim no fame to having attending but I can dream the dream that others not dissimilar to me dream and by the courtesy of the You-Tube Tardis transport me back to a time worthy of being transporting back to. In my opinion the finest live performance I have ever ever seen from a band that simply takes my oxygen away so Santana without further to do I salute your indefatigablity.. If you do have a moment to spare then have a listen to these two tracks and witness immortals engaging in action. And when performance was finished they turned away and walked off ..no showboating .. no gloating and masters of their chosen craft !

Was going to post the Santana one myself but you’ve saved me the bother.
Saw an interview with him describing what happened. They were supposed to be on later but were called on early for some reason.
They were all off their tits on acid or some such, and had to pull it together quickly.
They all seemed to hit the same groove and the chemistry between the band who were so tight just happened.
Carlos said he was just praying he could keep up. The sweat dripping off him.

Absolutely fabulous performance.

Just to add this for Lizzy.
Dublin 1983. I was there.
The sound quality doesn’t do this justice. Emarald was a song made for live. The power of it actually vibrated through me.

After Santana at Woodstock it got me thinking of Joni Mitchell and the iconic song she wrote about the festival.

I saw her talk about it. It was the event of her generation and she got left behind.
Crosby Stills and Nash and herself were playing the night before and they were told there was no way of getting in to Woodstock. Joni played the Dick Cavetts show in New York the following night only to find that they had got a helicopter for CS&N who went without her. They made it back for the show. She was heartbroken and you can see the sadness in her on the show when they talk about it.

I think that’s why so much emotion goes into her performance of it.

Not everyone’s taste I’m sure but a brilliant voice.

Last edited:
That was brilliant.
Only ever knew the one song. Sit Down.
I’ll be searching the back catalogue.
Thanks for posting.
Wow - you have made my day! And you're in for a treat.

I would recommend starting with one of:
* The Getting Away With It...Live DVD (from which the above video is taken);
* Laid (album)
* Seven (album)
* Or a compilation like The Best Of... to begin with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.