UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you work for UEFA ?

Just remind me, which trophies have Spurs won with their recent "success"
Monaco spent fortunes for years playing in front of 10,000 crowds, hardly an example of spending within your means.

Apart from you and and fans of Rags and Dippers and the other cartel ,it's pretty obvious to all what FFP motives are, and it is certainly not to prevent clubs going "mad and risking everything" otherwise there would be a debt clause inserted.

In case you hadn't noticed I'll remind you.
MCFC's owners invested with their own money - not borrowings against the club, grew the business, built a successful club with a global profile that now operates in profit, is a sustainable and viable business which has a monetary value in excess of the owners investment. This is what FFP is designed to stop.
Bang on the dosh there

The advantage to us is we are probably one of the most attractive destinations for any player these days, because of Pep and our style of play. But be ause of ffp we seem to be hamstrung on signing, say, Mbappe, so we can't dominate as much as we should given our wealth and status. It is keeping the rags able to compete despite a lack of CL football and a succession of incompetent managers.

Plus, I have no issue with seeing a good club like Leeds, Villa, Sheffield United or anyone getting very rich if it helps push the dirty rag shit further down the league and stops Liverpool and Arsenal winning as much. Other clubs deserve a shot at the big time, same as we got.
Mbob turned us down,he said no to manchester but not to pep,his words

Good post and I would agree with most of it. It's heavily stacked in favour of the already big and rich club's, that's life though, it can be shit sometimes. In all walks of life it's set up by the rich to protect the rich.

Where I disagree with you is using Utd for comparison purposes, they are consistently one of the richest club's in the world and still will be when they're struggling away looking for the next messiah to bring back the glory days. Picking the 4th or 5th best team in the championship and expecting they can over take Man Utd in a couple of years is unrealistic. No more than it's realistic to expect your local corner shop to be taking on Tesco or a start up taking on Google or Pfizer. As they grow they are swallowed up by the establishment, it's how big business works and always will.

Would FFP stop Leeds overhauling Man Utd in 3 years? 100% It would, would it stop them over 15 years, I don't see any reason why it would. There are examples of what can be achieved by working within your resources over a long period of time, Spurs being a great example that a good manager, smart spending and a long term plan can bring success. Monaco and Ajax are other fine examples of using limited resources well.

For reasons previously stated I don't have an issue with FFP preventing club's going mad and risking everything for a quick shot at success.

You are in cloud cuckoo land. The Big 6 have pulled away by a huge distance over the last 8-10 years. Spurs have done brilliantly well but they are in the elite now.

Everton, who have consistently been the 7th biggest club, had a turnover in the 2018 accounting year of £189million. City, by way of comparison, have a turnover of £500million.

A gap of £310 million and it will widen further in the 2019 accounts due the big increase in Champions League revenue to probably something like £350 million and our total revenue will approach nearly 3 times that of Everton.

There is no way Everton can bridge the gap within their resources. It is just too big.

So how many clubs, have 'overhauled' Utd without spending big money, in the last 20 odd years ?

How many have even 'overhauled' Spurs & Arsenal, or Liverpool ?

I'm pissing into the wind here. Little teams are not meant to finish above Man Utd and Liverpool. They don't have the support base to sustain it. That's just the way it is, if you think differently then fair enough.

Club's similar in stature to where we were 10 years ago can finish above them.
Leicester, Everton and Southampton have all finished ahead of Liverpool in recent years and Leiceister obviously finished ahead of everyone.

Utd are a juggernaut, the only thing stopping them being 1st or 2nd every year is incompetence. Expecting a handful of billionaires to arrive and suddenly have Burnley, Ipswich and Middlesbrough finishing above Utd and Liverpool every year is football manager stuff. You need a support base already in place and the potential to expand that locally and globally. Blackburn probably have no more fans now than they did in 1995, those 3 teams above would be the same.

Teams like West Ham, Everton, Wolves and Newcastle have a support base and potential growth area that allows them compete in the way Spurs* did if they manage their club's correctly. The TV money means not even we can just swoop in and automatically take a midtier club's best player like Utd did for 20 years. They each add a shrewd signing in each of the next 3 windows and they could easily surpass Arsenal, Utd and possibly Spurs.

*I would consider what spurs have achieved a success. Only 1 team can win the league and they are up against the greatest team ever seen in England.

I'm pissing into the wind here. Little teams are not meant to finish above Man Utd and Liverpool. They don't have the support base to sustain it. That's just the way it is, if you think differently then fair enough.

Leicester, Everton and Southampton have all finished ahead of Liverpool in recent years and Leiceister obviously finished ahead of everyone.

Utd are a juggernaut, the only thing stopping them being 1st or 2nd every year is incompetence. Expecting a handful of billionaires to arrive and suddenly have Burnley, Ipswich and Middlesbrough finishing above Utd and Liverpool every year is football manager stuff. You need a support base already in place and the potential to expand that locally and globally. Blackburn probably have no more fans now than they did in 1995, those 3 teams above would be the same.

Teams like West Ham, Everton, Wolves and Newcastle have a support base and potential growth area that allows them compete in the way Spurs* did if they manage their club's correctly. The TV money means not even we can just swoop in and automatically take a midtier club's best player like Utd did for 20 years. They each add a shrewd signing in each of the next 3 windows and they could easily surpass Arsenal, Utd and possibly Spurs.

*I would consider what spurs have achieved a success. Only 1 team can win the league and they are up against the greatest team ever seen in England.

Why should you need a huge support base, to be allowed to be better than Utd ?

Why should you need a huge support base, to be allowed to be better than Utd ?

Supporters = Customers. The more customers you have the more money you make in gate receipts and commercial revenue. The more money you can earn the better chance of success. It's not rocket science.

This statement is not true. They are not there, because the simply are not good enough. Does that mean every other team, that doesn't live up
to expectations, is because of imcompetence. Also as them stopped being 1st, there is a little old team called City, that they have to finish above.
So there is another reason and that's just off the top of my head, as I type.

Good post and I would agree with most of it. It's heavily stacked in favour of the already big and rich club's, that's life though, it can be shit sometimes. In all walks of life it's set up by the rich to protect the rich.

Where I disagree with you is using Utd for comparison purposes, they are consistently one of the richest club's in the world and still will be when they're struggling away looking for the next messiah to bring back the glory days. Picking the 4th or 5th best team in the championship and expecting they can over take Man Utd in a couple of years is unrealistic. No more than it's realistic to expect your local corner shop to be taking on Tesco or a start up taking on Google or Pfizer. As they grow they are swallowed up by the establishment, it's how big business works and always will.

Would FFP stop Leeds overhauling Man Utd in 3 years? 100% It would, would it stop them over 15 years, I don't see any reason why it would. There are examples of what can be achieved by working within your resources over a long period of time, Spurs being a great example that a good manager, smart spending and a long term plan can bring success. Monaco and Ajax are other fine examples of using limited resources well.

For reasons previously stated I don't have an issue with FFP preventing club's going mad and risking everything for a quick shot at success.
So you agree with most of it. Just not the bit criticizing United.

I think as a defence of FFP, that most of your post is bollox.

FFP has been totally discredited and everyone knows what it’s about, at this stage. It’s just the cartel are so brazen about it now. They’re like Trump. They don’t care who knows they’re bent. It’s like a case of ‘what are you going to do about it?’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.