Manchester public transport vision

quiet_riot

Team supported
City
Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham, from Merseyside, has outlined his vision for a "London style" public transport network.

The plan includes new east-west orbital bus links; tram extensions to Stalybridge; Port Salford and Middleton; plus ‘tram trains’ to Hale, Warrington, Gorton and Glossop.

There's a map thing which is supposed to be done by 2029, but it's such poor resolution I can't tell what each colour is for.
5_Map1.jpg

It also includes franchising of bus routes, which would become the first city region outside London to make use of new powers under the Bus Services Act 2017 to take control of regulating its buses.

Campaigners say that, since deregulation of the network in 1986, bus operators have "cherry-picked" the most profitable routes and leave some communities underserved.

Also mooted is an Oyster-card style system.

Thoughts?

Tram to Midd interests me. If I do move back to Manchester then I’d look at Rhodes. Traffic jams on the Rochdale Road are frustrating.

About time

Though the goverment has already stepped in to fuck about with the planned walking routes, and the suggestion to have more zebra crossing to encourage walking in the city and surrounding areas

The buses are wank in manchester first is now go bus, and are never on time or don't turn up, stagecoach buses are never cleaned and them wankers have cancelled loads of routes or split them.

System one all services tram/train/bus is far too expensive for the service you get.

Northern are self explanotary in how shite they are.

There should be one ticket to cover all buses, trams and local trains. It could get quite expensive at times. I also found the Trafford Centre an absolute nuisance to get to without a car.

It’s probably difficult logistically to organise all this. Glad it’s not my job!

What a load of bollocks. Firstly tram to Stalybridge ... never going to happen ! Trying to get past Stamford Park is already bad enough never mind a tram in the middle of the road ! Getting the train from Stalybridge is bad enough as it is . Secondly who the fuck come up with that map idea ? Looks like something out of Tron ! Load of shit . But ham is great at smoke and mirrors and will end up blaming someone else for it failing . Don’t get me started on Lease and Karney biggest pair of berks in MCC ! Won’t happen due to central government not funding it

There should be one ticket to cover all buses, trams and local trains. It could get quite expensive at times. I also found the Trafford Centre an absolute nuisance to get to without a car.

It’s probably difficult logistically to organise all this. Glad it’s not my job!
The next tramline, currently being built, goes to the Trafford centre. 1-2 more years iirc

Edit 2020 https://tfgm.com/trafford-park-line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.