Guardiola confirms intention to stay at City for next two years P123

I'm not depressed or argumentative mate,not one bit. It's the facts, we'd all love pep to stay forever but it ain't going to happen.
We just got to embrace every second he's here, gutted when he finally goes but he's ours for two more years.

Apologies. Crossed wires. I was referring to others in the thread, not you. Agree with your stance but hold out a glimmer of hope that Pep stays longer;)

If I was in Pep's position, I would genuinely not leave City, to manage in Italy, unless things had turned stale at City. But even then, I wouldn't bother with Italy.

Not because of my City bias, just because it's not 'all that' to manage there imo. The main teams there have done it all before & there aren't many of them to choose from. Juve ? Why would I want to go there ? To be one of many managers ? If he wanted a challenge it would be a Milan team or something.

Having 'done' Germany, for me it would be stay at City or return to Barca. Apparently Barca are out of the question so....

If I was Pep & got stale at City, I'd just go on holiday for a long time.

Italy or France would seem the right next steps for Pep. I’d prefer if it was a less obvious choice though...like Nice or Fiorentina.

I think he will go to Italy eventually but with Milan. Agree that Juventus just has boring written all over it, plus winning the league to them has become stock standard to them - it's the Champions League they really want.

Curious about Barca - can someone explain why they are still out of the question for him, and if a regime change could alter things? I always see him as ending up back there.

We must rememebr though - Pep is not bigger than this club. No manager is, nor will one ever be. If and when he leaves, we move to the next guy. Hell, even if he were to leave right now we would move on and be fine. This club has now been built big enough to withstand anything. We haven't come this far to have a manager hold our balls in a vice grip.

Even with all the incredible success we've under Pep, he will still be under pressure. Our owner hasn't put this much investment into the club, community, and city to not win the Champions League. I will bet you bottom dollar that they will be hell bent on Pep winning it in the next two seasons. Not just making a semi, not making a final, but lifting the trophy and they will want it to happen again and again.

We don't like to hear this much as fans because after so many years of heartache and being the doldrums, it is so sweet right now - BUT.... to move to the next level, to be considered as one of world's greatest clubs, we have to succeed in Europe. I know this is almost blasphemous to say right now but if Pep is unable to deliver this to us, then we may be better off with a change in manager to try get us there, when that time comes.

I think he will go to Italy eventually but with Milan. Agree that Juventus just has boring written all over it, plus winning the league to them has become stock standard to them - it's the Champions League they really want.

Curious about Barca - can someone explain why they are still out of the question for him, and if a regime change could alter things? I always see him as ending up back there.

We must rememebr though - Pep is not bigger than this club. No manager is, nor will one ever be. If and when he leaves, we move to the next guy. Hell, even if he were to leave right now we would move on and be fine. This club has now been built big enough to withstand anything. We haven't come this far to have a manager hold our balls in a vice grip.

Even with all the incredible success we've under Pep, he will still be under pressure. Our owner hasn't put this much investment into the club, community, and city to not win the Champions League. I will bet you bottom dollar that they will be hell bent on Pep winning it in the next two seasons. Not just making a semi, not making a final, but lifting the trophy and they will want it to happen again and again.

We don't like to hear this much as fans because after so many years of heartache and being the doldrums, it is so sweet right now - BUT.... to move to the next level, to be considered as one of world's greatest clubs, we have to succeed in Europe. I know this is almost blasphemous to say right now but if Pep is unable to deliver this to us, then we may be better off with a change in manager to try get us there, when that time comes.
......o .....0 ......O
Consider this post “virtually stoned”. Bloody Blasphemers.

Definitely. Weather, culture, different challenge, bit more time
Definitely. If I was him I’d conquer Europe, one league at a time and enjoy every culture along the way. What a life he and his family lead.

If winning the Champions League was so important to Pep's job, we would have sacked off the domestic cups.

If we don't win it with him, it will be for reasons other than him not being up to the job.

As regards Barca, Pep doesn't like all the extra bollocks connected with the job & also, to me, seems to suggest the same about Italy, so I'm surprised at the links.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.