Champions League 2019/20

The 2019/20 version of the Champions (and anybody else who has influence over UEFA) League gets under way today in Kosovo.

There is a mini-tournament with 4 teams taking part, semi-finals today and the final on Friday.

Feronikeli (Kosovo) v Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar) and Tre Penne (San Marino) v FC Santa Coloma (Andorra).

Winner goes into the 1st qualifying round starting on the 9th July.

The 2019/20 version of the Champions (and anybody else who has influence over UEFA) League gets under way today in Kosovo.

There is a mini-tournament with 4 teams taking part, semi-finals today and the final on Friday.

Feronikeli (Kosovo) v Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar) and Tre Penne (San Marino) v FC Santa Coloma (Andorra).

Winner goes into the 1st qualifying round starting on the 9th July.
Can’t wait

This whole competition is a little “meh” imo.UEFA has been exposed as a bs criminal enterprise who are only interested in promoting “big” clubs.

Booooooooooooooooooooooo!
Correct

I don't have much love for the Champions League. When we first qualified I was incredibly excited but as soon as that first Napoli game finished something felt wrong, and ever since then I've just not been excited by it at all. When we reached the semi-finals I was bothered, but nowhere near the levels I would be if we'd reached the same stage of the FA Cup or needed to win a Premier League game. At the start of the season I think it's level with the League Cup in my priorities. It's a nightmare of giant adverts, corruption, token gestures, and dodgy sponsorship deals. It stinks, actually.

But if Pep wants to go for it next season and sacrifice the league in the process then I think I can forgive him. We've defended the title, we've just won a treble, so if Pep wants to complete the set, even if it means sacrificing some league games in the process, then I'd say that's fair enough. The guy's come in, swept all before him domestically and got us playing the best football I've ever seen, proving thousands of doubters wrong in the process, so if he wants to add ol' Big Ears to his trophy haul with us then I won't lose sleep over it. This competition keeps him up at night - after all he's given us I think letting him tick an item off his personal checklist is acceptable.
I reckon Pep is more bothered about being the first English side to win four league titles in a row.

He’s said himself that anyone can win the Champions League, it’s all about who makes a mistake here or who takes their chances there rather than who’s the best.

Plus to win it you only have to play 7 teams out of the 32 that enter. He’s said many times that winning the league is the most important. Playing all 19 teams home and away over 9 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon Pep is more bothered about being the first English side to win four league titles in a row.

He’s said himself that anyone can win the Champions League, it’s all about who makes a mistake here or who takes their chances there rather than who’s the best.

Plus to win it you only have to play 7 teams out of the 32 that enter. He’s said many times that winning the league is the most important. Playing all 19 teams home and away over 9 months.
I REALLY want to see City win the Champions League, but this post is bang on. Winning your domestic league is the real marker, winning it in fashion is a bonus and retaining it is unbelievable. If we could win it 3x in a row, we join an elite list of clubs who truly were the best teams in England respectively. If we somehow managed to win it 4x in a row then there is no more room for discussion. We would be the most dominant team in English football history.

Other trophies are a bonus. We love to win them, but they are hollow if you don't win the league. How could we claim to be the best team in Europe if we aren't even the best in our own back yard?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.