U21 European Championship

Boothroyd wont be packing it in anytime soon as he will probably never got another job with the same wages again. I think the players have to take responsibility also, more than one goal has been down to mistakes by Henderson which is a shame after the season he had. 3 of the back 4 in the first two games all played together at Chelsea so really shouldn't have been as disjointed as it looked. In midfield I think after the Choudhury red card we looked all over the shop, can't expect Foden and Maddison to both win the ball back and pass to themselves.

Boothroyd wont be packing it in anytime soon as he will probably never got another job with the same wages again. I think the players have to take responsibility also, more than one goal has been down to mistakes by Henderson which is a shame after the season he had. 3 of the back 4 in the first two games all played together at Chelsea so really shouldn't have been as disjointed as it looked. In midfield I think after the Choudhury red card we looked all over the shop, can't expect Foden and Maddison to both win the ball back and pass to themselves.

All true, but there will be players of that age, around the country, more able to play the required style of football than quite a few of the ones picked by Boothroyd & there are certainly people who understand that way of playing, better than he does, who would get better performances from the players there.

I noticed that during the game v Romania, there didn't seem to be the same level of spirit.

I just read a piece today which claims the kids were all shocked when he left out Foden & basically lost faith in his judgement.

All true, but there will be players of that age, around the country, more able to play the required style of football than quite a few of the ones picked by Boothroyd & there are certainly people who understand that way of playing, better than he does, who would get better performances from the players there.

I noticed that during the game v Romania, there didn't seem to be the same level of spirit.

I just read a piece today which claims the kids were all shocked when he left out Foden & basically lost faith in his judgement.
I agree, I think the squad selection was a bit odd with a few players. A new manager I think could get more out of the players.

Criminal to leave out Foden really, it was quite amazing he dropped him for the second game.

It hasn't been a poor summer all round really, England u17s knocked out of the Euros so cant get to defend the world cup and we were shocking at the Toulon tournament

I agree, I think the squad selection was a bit odd with a few players. A new manager I think could get more out of the players.

Criminal to leave out Foden really, it was quite amazing he dropped him for the second game.

It hasn't been a poor summer all round really, England u17s knocked out of the Euros so cant get to defend the world cup and we were shocking at the Toulon tournament

There are enough quality young players though, I think, to create a decent full England side, in the coming years, joined up with the likes of Sterling etc.

A real star in the midfield is needed & that could possibly be Foden. We may even have one or two more at City, who reach that level in a few years.

But it will still depend on the manager ditching the donkeys, whoever they play for & picking the footballers & of course, being good enough to organise them.

There are enough quality young players though, I think, to create a decent full England side, in the coming years, joined up with the likes of Sterling etc.

A real star in the midfield is needed & that could possibly be Foden. We may even have one or two more at City, who reach that level in a few years.

But it will still depend on the manager ditching the donkeys, whoever they play for & picking the footballers & of course, being good enough to organise them.

Hopefully the three that started the France game (Choudhury, Maddison and Foden) will be the midfield three by the 2022 World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.