Frank Lampard to Chelsea Confirmed

I can see why he’d be very tempted to make the move. For a serial winner like Frank, it could well be too good an opportunity to turn down.
I imagine it’s a very tough choice he’s mulling over right now. Even though I’d rather see him remain at Derby I appreciate it’s not me sat in his position.
He strikes me as somebody who has complete faith in himself so I’d expect him to think he’s more than capable of doing a job.

Should have stayed a year more at Derby atleast . But it's a big opportunity.

Maybe similar to Vinny returning to coach us once pep leaves. Needs a few years experience

Too early for both Vinny and Lampard imho. That said, good luck to both.

Especially Vincent ;)

I think it's a good move for both, he seems a talented young manager as he's someone that the Chelsea fans will all get behind and keep faith in even if the going gets rough, which should benefit the atmosphere and mood of the club, which has been fairly toxic since Maureen part 2.

It's a gamble but it could be a good move for both sides.
I suspect Chelsea are hoping for little more than a top 6 finish this coming season. Lampard is still learning at Derby, so why not learn at Chelsea for a season or 2?

It could, of course, go tits up but Chelsea have the squad to make top 6. Then, next season Frank and his young players will have 12 months more experience and Roman might be prepared to put his hand in his pocket after saving a few quid during their transfer ban.

i have no issue with frank, i hope he does well at chelsea. however, from past history of chelsea and their impatience with managers, and frank being pretty much wet behind the ears at managing, i can only see this thing going one way. a spectacular crash and burn.

sometimes patience from both sides is what is needed. maybe 2 or 3 years from now with frank having some kind of track record to consult, it could be a decent appointment.

the fans will be giving him time, and defending anything he fucks up, the top boss will be breathing down his neck to get chumps lge footy next year, and his inexperience will be giving him a hard time when the crunch decisions and calls need to be made.

i feel this is a gary neville to valencia level bad appointment. although i am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.