10 Worst Beers To Follow Up The Top 15

Anyone remember

24699L.jpg
Ind%20Coope%20LongLife.jpg
beer_224250.jpg
Long life, "specially brewed for the can" said the advert. Think they meant specially brewed for the trash can

When I lived in Barrow we used to get a lager called Slalom which was absolutely vile. Thankfully haven’t seen it in years.

Lancaster Brewery is doing some really nice beers now.
Little bit ref Slalom Lager :

Workington brewery closed in 1986.
It used to be the John Peel brewery and then it was bought by Matthew Brown and Matthew Brown was bought by Theakstons and so on until Heineken got it.

Stella Artois

A good rule of thumb = the more a beer is advertised on TV, the viler it usually is

Sadly, before it got it's ABV reduced, and started to be brewed on license here, it was a lovely tasting lager. Really distinctive flavour. I recall it's first ads, in mags and on tv, was all about how it did cost more than the average lager, and their tag line for a long time was that it was 'reassuringly expensive'.

A shame.

Sadly, before it got it's ABV reduced, and started to be brewed on license here, it was a lovely tasting lager. Really distinctive flavour. I recall it's first ads, in mags and on tv, was all about how it did cost more than the average lager, and their tag line for a long time was that it was 'reassuringly expensive'.

A shame.
Stella has been brewed continuously in the UK since the late 60’s at Magor and Salmesbury (since the early 70’s).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.