10 Worst Beers To Follow Up The Top 15

Holts Lager Think 2 of them are called Diamond and Cystal. We used to do pub crawls down town and call in the Old Monkey (Which sold the rancid beer). Maybe 1 in 10 of us could stomach that lager.
Don't think they do it now do it now but Samuel Smiths had a lager called Ayingerbrau . I'm sure a few of you have drank this in Shambles square

I've had Ayingerbrau in Blackpool. Loopy juice

Any and all "Ruined in the UK under license" foreign beer.

Take a great imported beer, establish it as a popular brand in the UK and as soon as its selling, ruin - sorry "brew" - it under license.

We have done this to countless dozens of decent beers over the years, to the extent there's only a few decent proper imported beers left.

Everything from Castlemain to Fosters, Kingfisher to Cobra. The list is endless, we have ruined all of them. Almost universally weaker (Singha was 6% when imported, for example, now 5%) so we can sell more and pay less tax, and also bitter metallic taste due to I don't know what. Terrible, just terrible.

Last edited:
http://www.shipstones.com/about-2/

Being brewed again. Know the lad who’s done it fairly well, and remember him telling me he was thinking of doing it about ten years ago. Think he’s doing quite well too. Fair play to him. It’s not a bad pint tbf.
Cheers for that! I’m sure it’s a much improved brew. I’m talking about my experiences in the early 70s when I lived in Nottingham for two years. I do remember a particularly bad pint of the stuff, though.

I was never impressed but next time I’m in Nottingham, I’ll give the ‘new’ version a try. I owe it that! Talking of Nottingham, I do miss away trips there! About time Forest got their act together!
20 years out of the top flight, mate. Fucking nuts.

Castle Rock are a good local brewer and the MD is a big City fan too! Went to the FA Cup final with him, as it happens.

Cheers for that! I’m sure it’s a much improved brew. I’m talking about my experiences in the early 70s when I lived in Nottingham for two years. I do remember a particularly bad pint of the stuff, though.

It was like playing russian roulette having a pint of that , and the mild was even worse if my memory serves me well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.