David Silva leaves City after 10 years

One of the great midfield players of his generation in the world.

Consistently one of the most fouled players, even though the stat's don't bear this out. Stat's only show fouls given against, and Dave being tough doesn't fall over at the slightest touch, unlike some players I could mention. None of them are fit to be spoken about in the same breath as our Merlin.

We have been truly privileged to have him at our club.

The day was always going to come but as befitting the class of the player and the club its been done in a fantastic way and we get the chance to send him off in real style.

Sure its a sad day and he is irreplaceable but with Bernado and Foden its also exciting as we know the future is going to be equally special.

I think fans of most clubs appreciate his ability and approach, and rate him very highly. I don't think he's underrated by fans.

It's only meaningless awards which don't really compare like with like. The media will overlook him because he isn't flashy, doesn't collect stat points (his is usually the pass before the pass before the goal) and doesn't dance to the publicity tune, and so he isn't always in the headlines. However, I bet every proper journalist at a non-red-top papers - starting with Henry Winter and working downwards - will have a piece or two about him this season.

One of the great midfield players of his generation in the world.

Consistently one of the most fouled players, even though the stat's don't bear this out. Stat's only show fouls given against, and Dave being tough doesn't fall over at the slightest touch, unlike some players I could mention. None of them are fit to be spoken about in the same breath as our Merlin.

We have been truly privileged to have him at our club.

del Bosque was once quoted as saying he was the toughest player he had, and with 11 Silvas he'd beat anyone (or something to that effect).

I liked this bit:

Silva sung Foden's praises as he discussed his departure from City, telling reporters: "I'm sure he's going to be a fantastic player. He's a very nice man and he will be a good replacement for me. "Apart from his natural skills, he's a very competitive person. He always wants to win and that makes a very good footballer. "When you're young, you always ask people with experience. I've given him lots of advice, like how to move on the pitch. He's taken the information in and he's getting better day by day." "He reminds me of myself when I was young — especially how he is as a person. He's very quiet but always there, competing. He hates losing. "The best advice I can give him is always stay calm. Whatever happens in football, the highs and lows, always keep calm."

Where is this interview that everyone keeps quoting?

Devastating, but not unexpected news. I'm grateful he has given me time to prepare myself for his exit, whereas Vinny's was more of a shock.

I really hope Las Palmas get promoted so he can play for his boyhood club.

Ah fuck.

What a supremely gifted individual he is. I remember those first couple of years at city, I just used to gape, slack jawed at his ridiculous ability to keep hold of the ball, pass and move, and receive it back. Outstanding.

He will be a sorely missed, dare I say, Legend....

The greatest of them all ?? Very probably. Absolutely GUTTED, but all good things must come to an end :( Let's hope he finds his best form for his swansong season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.