David Silva leaves City after 10 years

It was always going to happen one day and i'm just glad that he has announced it now rather than it dragging out, everyone knows where they stand and every away game next season will be an opportunity for rival fans to marvel at his brilliance for a final time.

It is time. Nobody likes to see even the greats hang on by reputation alone.

David really did seem to struggle at times towards the end of the season.

Reading some of his quotes, he did not enjoy the intensity of the title race?

If one man deserves to lift the European Cup, it will be him.

One day we will do it, and, rest assured, he will be there, whether it is next season, or sat in the stands with Mateo in the years to come.

Well said Tolm, love him to bits, but he wasn't Merlin of old last season and maybe the incredible treble took his toll on him? He is probably my all time favourite player now and yes, I was lucky enough to witness The Holy Trinity days …… for me now, he just surpasses Ding Dong...……. JUST !!

And so passes my favourite footballer of all time.

I remember when he first came to City, and that old Paul Merson proverb followed him around. "Will someone of his stature be able to cope with the physical nature of the Premier League?" Well, I can't ever recall hearing that question asked once he started playing regularly. Silva bent the Premier League to his will. He had this unmatched ability to not only control the pace of an individual game, but the aesthetics of the sport as a whole. Nobody plays the game like he does. It's not just that he "sees the passes nobody else does", it's the way he holds his body and moves with the ball - and the fact that he's left-footed on top of that, to be honest. You could easily pick him out a line-up just from the way he stands.

There are almost too many moments to list as examples of his brilliance - the goal at Loftus Road, that mid-air dragback against Bournemouth, the pass to Dzeko for number six - but his performance away at Hull City during the 2014 title chase always stands out for me. Down to ten men, our captain sent off after ten minutes, Javi Garcia and Martin Demichelis as our centre-back pairing, Silva might has well have taken the armband himself in that moment. He dragged us through the game with a brilliant goal from distance in the first half and then a gorgeous assist for Dzeko late on. He constantly made sure that Hull never got a foothold in the contest and made sure we left with three valuable points we never looked like getting.

The time is right, but the heart-breaking countdown has begun.
I don't get to many league away games.but I was at HULL that year and totally 100 % agree with your coments.
What a service he as given us.
C.T.I.D

This time was always going to come but I feel numb. For me the best player to wear the City shirt.
Maybe in the coming years that maybe eclipsed by DeBruyne or Bernardo but for now David is the best.

One thing the others all have in common is that they’re professionals and seemingly developed a real love the club. Toure wasn’t professional on or off the field (at times) and never cared or developed any affection for the club, although he was a truly brilliant player on his good days which were pretty frequent in fairness.
Can’t disagree with you, although I think he would call himself a blue if asked.

Welling up - again, ffs! - as I get through the day. Does anyone remember those gorgeous little pirouettes for an assist against Everton at Goodison Park? I thought that's the boy back in Gran Canaria in the park delighting in his own talent as he discovers just how special he is.

Arguably the greatest City player ever to wear our colours, always dreaded the day he decided to hang his boots up but if he feels its the right time, that's good enough for me.
One of the true geniuses ever to play the beautiful game, saying he will be sorely missed just does not even scratch the surface.. I hope he comes back some day, in whatever capacity suits him and sprinkles some more of his utter genius over the club and fans..!

He has never been truly recognised by the media because of who he played for but i have never spoken to another clubs fans, even the rags and dippers who have not been awestruck by his ability over the last 10 years...!
You’re right, never heard any opposing fan bad mouth him. A truly respectable, respected man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.