Aaron Wan-Bissaka (signed for United)

It's a sensible move. For most top sides there might be a question about his ability on the ball but Utd's right back options have been possibly the worst in the league last couple of seasons. I'd bet anything his use of the ball will be better than Young. He reminds me a lot of Sagna, not anything really spectacular but a very solid all round defender. Think they should look at Rice to replace Matic as well, would go a long way toward fixing their defence.

It will be interesting to see what OGS does with him. Will he just be used as an overlapping RB? Who will be the right winger for them? Who will provide him the ball into space and who will be in the middle when he crosses the ball? Rashford? Defensively he's good, but if OGS doesn't sort out any patterns of play offensively United as a whole might have a hard time and might have to resort to counter attacking.

Seems reasonably good value. We should have put in a competitive offer, even if only to raise the price, especially since we appear to be after Cancelo. He’ll certainly improve them lot.

Unfortunately good signing for him, I’d have took him as a great home grown option. I thought similar with Luke Shaw so let’s hope I’m wrong again.
Both Bissaka and Shaw are fantastic young players. United just seems a terrible place right now for anyone. There have been league stars (Sanchez and the Belgian Altidore) who went there and failed. World stars, Pogba and Do Maria who couldn't find consistency. There is something currently rotten there.

Has nothing to do with the players.

I agree. It's the toxic situation at the rags that's mainly killing those players. Having said that, to be fair Shaw had conditioning issues in the past, and just when he started to play well he had that horrendous leg injury.

That’s one season though! I just think it’s absurd paying that for him

Yes i.csn see why but usually it's a calculated risk with these talented young players. Most would bank on them improving in a upwards trajectory. It doesn't all turn out as expected but sometimes you take the calculated risk. Unlike mediocre players in their late 20s suddenly having a once off breakout season.

As someone mentioned usually it's the defensive aspect that is harder to teach, so AWB is ahead of the curve in that regard. Ha just need to improve his offensive capabilities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.