Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever seen training videos where they have elastic type bands around players, they push forward and elastic band type thing is used to pull them back and obviously to strengthen leg muscles, Harry maguire looks like they are still wrapped around him in actual matches like he's running in quick sand, I can't believe he's worth more than 30m, just to be paying that much for someone who can win the odd header from corners or free kicks bumps him up to 70m+ crazy...

The problem will be every mistake he makes will be on a constant loop/magnified and then the comparisons with Vinnie will start possibly leading some fans getting on his back followed by the inevitable loss of confidence. Unless he hits the ground running, and doesn’t do a Bravo with the constant comparisons to Hart, I think it will be spun at least as a mistake.
Nevertheless I think he would be a great signing for less than £70m including add ons. Make us better at set pieces at both ends give us more HG and hopefully we can cash in on the favourable decisions that seem to follow England players... ;-)

Vinnie made plenty of mistakes too ...

Indeed as every player will inevitably, but some players mistakes get highlighted and others don’t.

Agree with you yep. I suppose the level of scrutiny will wear off over time though. After the “expensive” defenders we’ve bought in recent/previous years, tbh I think as a club and fan base we’re becoming a bit inured to criticisms of that sort. Getting more scrutiny of mistakes vs cost would be a bit, ‘Yeah, whatever’. I get the impression the player would be thick skinned about that aspect too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.