David Silva leaves City after 10 years

Always dreaded the day he leaves, but it feels like the right time. He'll rightly be remembered as one of our greatest ever players, and one of the most decorated too. Hopefully he'll have a good season, and go out on a high.

He deserves his name chanting at every game next season. For me our clubs greatest player on & off the pitch.

Over to you Foden ;-)

I think the main reason I'm sad about this one, much more so than Zabba or Kompany, is I fully believe both of them will be back sooner rather than later, helping to run the club.

With Silva, I'm pretty sure he's gonna retire back to Gran Canaria post-football and we'll never see him again, except maybe in an advert for the local hotel or tourist board.

If he starts in City's last home game and is then taken off after, say, 75 minutes, can you even begin to imagine the volume of cheering that will explode as he departs?

I shall certainly be unable to contain my tears of emotion if that happens.

No problem with that, but I'd rather a City website reporter broke the story to us fans, rather than some arse from the mirror.

24 hours on we still have nothing from City, I just think its a bit odd, it wouldn't take much for a 5 minute sound bite from Pep or Txiki on the website, highlighting how great he has been (and still will be for another season), obviously there will be plenty of plaudits in 11 months time, but just a brief acknowledgement would have been nice.

He is probably our greatest ever player.

Perhaps the news wasn't totally expected ?
Perhaps the club hasn’t given up hope that he’ll extend one more year?

I think this will be Ferna's final season as well. His contract ends the same day Silva's. And he is 1 year older.

Just had thought, could all these changes inspire Pep and his team to stay a little longer as the personnel (old guard) in the changing room would have evolved therefore mitigating the likelihood of players getting tired of hearing his stuff time and time again?

The arrival of fresh and willing to learn players might just ecourage him to stay, rebuild and if possible win the European Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.