Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s bothered about just winning trophies, he’d stay here.

Zabba was our back up and his next club was West Ham, it happens. He isn’t going to find a club close to our level.

Zaba was towards the end of his career,.... Danilo is still relatively young

Here's another piece of info if you do sign him; he'll probably dedicate some things to his mother.
That's because the both of them were involved in a car accident in January 2013 and, while he got out miraculously fine, his mother died in that crash. This trauma has understandably left a mark on him. Valencia did a good job making him grow as a player after that, and he's always been grateful to them.

That's also why we had our doubts on his psychological strength two years ago and let Inter sign him. He's grown and improved as a player and as a man since then and overcame his injuries, but he may be a bit emotional or impulsive at times.
That's what the "behavioral reasons" for his exit may refer to. He's not a bad guy though.

But that doesn't make sense. Danilo has played very little, even during Walker's poor form. We would not be spending £50m on Cancelo just because Danilo wants to leave. I think Pep has always wanted to upgrade on Danilo.

We'll just be viewing it as an opportunity to upgrade *if* Danilo ends up going.

Here's another piece of info if you do sign him; he'll probably dedicate some things to his mother.
That's because the both of them were involved in a car accident in January 2013 and, while he got out miraculously fine, his mother died in that crash. This trauma has understandably left a mark on him. Valencia did a good job making him grow as a player after that, and he's always been grateful to them.

That's also why we had our doubts on his psychological strength two years ago and let Inter sign him. He's grown and improved as a player and as a man since then and overcame his injuries, but he may be a bit emotional or impulsive at times.
That's what the "behavioral reasons" for his exit may refer to. He's not a bad guy though.
I hope he doesn't have addiction issues? It sounds like he's been through a traumatic time.

I hope he doesn't have addiction issues? It sounds like he's been through a traumatic time.

Doesn't look like it, or at least I'm not aware of them. I didn't want to paint a gloom picture of him though, just formulated the hypothesis that maybe any impulsive trait in his character is also caused by that harsh event. When he left Valencia, Marcelino described him with the words "Mucho caracter, mucho sentimiento." I'm in no way a psychologist though.
I do think he's matured through the years.

Giving them Danilo and also making sure they make 0 loss on Cancelo. Sounds like a fair deal.

It's quite expensive considering we were apparently going to try to get our money back on Danilo (25m) and buy Cancelo for €50m/£44m.

It's gone from a £19m cost to upgrade the RB position to a 36m cost.

Would be bloody amazing for Danilo though...from 2nd choice at City to Juventus' first choice RB. Still competing for CL, guaranteed some domestic trophies and living in Turin on a big salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.