Funny names you’ve come across

Didn't know that. I'm assuming a smaller/cheaper site as they've been in decline for a number of years due to some terrible acquisitions and decisions. It started at the beginning when they merged with ICL/ D2D here in UK. We should have taken the lead. Anyway a long story.

They are extending the subway to run up Eglinton, all the way to Kenedy rd. Any property near the subway is worth a fortune. There are condos going up on every corner.
The old Don Mills center is now called shops of Don Mills and is full of Lambos and Ferraris.

They are extending the subway to run up Eglinton, all the way to Kenedy rd. Any property near the subway is worth a fortune. There are condos going up on every corner.
The old Don Mills center is now called shops of Don Mills and is full of Lambos and Ferraris.

Somewhat different from when I was there in 2000-2002!

True story.
I used to work with an old fella who was in the RAF just after the war.
He was posted to a base as a clerical dogsbody and the first job he was given when he arrived was to operate the PA passing on announcements to the personnel.
He was passed a scrap of paper stating “A/C Shitole to report to Reception”
My mate thought about it for a moment and announced in a weedy nervous voice “would aircraftsman Shitole (sounding like shy-toe-Lee) please come to reception?”
A minute later a ruddy faced man with a handlebar moustache attired in an officers uniform yelled in a booming South African accent “I’m not an Aircraftsman I’m an Air Commodore and my name is Shithole!”

Well I thought it was funny.

I was at a restaurant in Jerusalem that offered "English Beef With Horse Rubbish".

A hotel in Taiwan had a "Helpful note for our guests - To attract a room maid, please hang this sign on your knob".

I had a mate at school in the 70s called Dick Seaman. Funny thing I never new it was rude till years later. Goodness knows what me mum and dad thought when I said I was was off to play with dick seaman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.