Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

When there are over 80 cranes on the Manchester skyline, and towers like Deansgate Square are going up all over the city centre, and inward and international investment is pouring into the city, along with new companies, and 1000’s of new jobs, it potentially points to something special for East Manchester and the Etihad Campus via MCFC, ADUG, and the city council. Very exciting times ahead for Manchester.

Taken yesterday.

A5-C8023-B-444-F-475-D-B89-A-3-D08-E5-BAE956.jpg

Taken from the new tower next to the Opera House on Quay St?

When there are over 80 cranes on the Manchester skyline, and towers like Deansgate Square are going up all over the city centre, and inward and international investment is pouring into the city, along with new companies, and 1000’s of new jobs, it potentially points to something special for East Manchester and the Etihad Campus via MCFC, ADUG, and the city council. Very exciting times ahead for Manchester.

Taken yesterday.

That might be progress, but it's damn ugly progress. Can't Manchester have something that actually looks good?

Going off on a tangent, what ever happened to that office block that somehow got built on the edge of where Piccadilly gardens used to be? Was it called Piccadilly 1? It was completely empty the one and only time I saw it and I'm sure I was told there was some controversy and it might not stay. Is it still there?

That might be progress, but it's damn ugly progress. Can't Manchester have something that actually looks good?

There’s a lot of hideous developments now appearing over much of the city centre.
I much preferred the Victorian style buildings but then I’m probably a grumpy old git nowadays.

Taken yesterday.

Not to put a dampener on things but whilst there is undoubtedly a property boom taking place in Manchester - the wider Manchester economy isn't perhaps looking so great.... there are huge social issues in Manchester - like in many Cities that are slowly spiralling out of control and the benefits of HS2 are looking less and less likely - given the latest Treasury review of the scheme - expect it to stop in Birmingham. For many years politics and economics in the UK were broadly aligned but since the Brexit debate took off.. the political and economic agendas are worlds apart.. there's turbulent times ahead in both the UK and elsewhere on the horizon.

Collar site ish. Last week I sent a mate to Bruno's pizzeria as he was taking the family to a gig at the ground.

He said it was open but Bruno was found dead in a park, has anyone more info.

Often go there before a match for tapas and beer. Better than a burger stand or concourse food.

Reading that back sounds a little selfish, but I like my pre match routine.

Going off on a tangent, what ever happened to that office block that somehow got built on the edge of where Piccadilly gardens used to be? Was it called Piccadilly 1? It was completely empty the one and only time I saw it and I'm sure I was told there was some controversy and it might not stay. Is it still there?

Yes, its still there - retail at the bottom doing okay. Bank Of NY still in the office accommodation but been moving jobs to India and Poland so not sure for how much longer.

Yes it’s still there and full.

Collar site ish. Last week I sent a mate to Bruno's pizzeria as he was taking the family to a gig at the ground.

He said it was open but Bruno was found dead in a park, has anyone more info.

Often go there before a match for tapas and beer. Better than a burger stand or concourse food.

Reading that back sounds a little selfish, but I like my pre match routine.

Happened over 6 months ago, sadly topped himself

Yes, its still there - retail at the bottom doing okay. Bank Of NY still in the office accommodation but been moving jobs to India and Poland so not sure for how much longer.
My place of work. Have got a second office in Spinningfields. Amalgamated the two offices and then realised not enough space in Picc Gardens so now back over two sites. 6 floors, all full.
Fortunate to be in the office space on the gardens side rather than Portland Street. Seen some sites on those gardens! Been there since 2007 and nothing will ever beat Rangers when they turned up for the UEFA Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.