Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

I like this guy very much but i do think he has made a foolish move, lyon are in Europe more than Tottenham but Tottenham pay more in wages, just not as much as other clubs do , but the real problem is should he do well and want more money playing for a big club that wins things he has picked the hardest club to get out of

I like this guy very much but i do think he has made a foolish move, lyon are in Europe more than Tottenham but Tottenham pay more in wages, just not as much as other clubs do , but the real problem is should he do well and want more money playing for a big club that wins things he has picked the hardest club to get out of

I don't see why this is such a bad move for him. He probably wants to prove he can play in the PL. What other clubs outside of the PL would give him a lot of exposure and be constantly in the CL? Maybe Dortmund, but did they show interest in him? Spurs are in the CL and have a better chance every year more than Arsenal and United of late. If he does really well and wants to move he can do what others have done and run down their contract. Alderweirald and Eriksen aren't signing contracts and they could be off soon. His only worry should be if Poch stays or not.

I don't see why this is such a bad move for him. He probably wants to prove he can play in the PL. What other clubs outside of the PL would give him a lot of exposure and be constantly in the CL? Maybe Dortmund, but did they show interest in him? Spurs are in the CL and have a better chance every year more than Arsenal and United of late. If he does really well and wants to move he can do what others have done and run down their contract. Alderweirald and Eriksen aren't signing contracts and they could be off soon. His only worry should be if Poch stays or not.
I can not see playing in the EPL as being a big selling point it did Pogba no good, Lyon are in the CL more often than Tottenham, I have no idea which other clubs bid for him but Tottenham have a history of buying cheap, so if they spend this much on him others would if not this year, as for Arsenal and utd both had new managers and will expect better next year, so they and me expect them to be above Tottenham next season, and that is a five year contract to run down with probable extensions, but Erickson is a good example he has been trying to get out for three years so he could win something and double his wage but cannot

I can not see playing in the EPL as being a big selling point it did Pogba no good, Lyon are in the CL more often than Tottenham, I have no idea which other clubs bid for him but Tottenham have a history of buying cheap, so if they spend this much on him others would if not this year, as for Arsenal and utd both had new managers and will expect better next year, so they and me expect them to be above Tottenham next season, and that is a five year contract to run down with probable extensions, but Erickson is a good example he has been trying to get out for three years so he could win something and double his wage but cannot

You expect United and Arsenal to be above Spurs, but you say being in the PL did Pogba no good. That's because United are in shambles. If I were N'dombele I'd much rather go to Spurs than United because they have a coach who knows how to play him. He'll slot right into where Dembele used to play. Arsenal have no money and won't spend. Usually if a player is really good they go from Lyon and jump straight to a Real Madrid or Barcelona. This probably means there was no real interest from big clubs. Yeah Levy's a hard man to deal with, but his options are to stay at Lyon or try to prove himself elsewhere.

You expect United and Arsenal to be above Spurs, but you say being in the PL did Pogba no good. That's because United are in shambles. If I were N'dombele I'd much rather go to Spurs than United because they have a coach who knows how to play him. He'll slot right into where Dembele used to play. Arsenal have no money and won't spend. Usually if a player is really good they go from Lyon and jump straight to a Real Madrid or Barcelona. This probably means there was no real interest from big clubs. Yeah Levy's a hard man to deal with, but his options are to stay at Lyon or try to prove himself elsewhere.
Arsenal have money they just don't spend it, as for Ndombele to me he looks like a box to box midfielder instead of a DM.

United may be a shambles but they pay twice as much and have won something in the last four years, you may rate Poch but for me he is just a dirty typical Argie and every game against us has been the same, Ndombele is like Dembele and would slot in, but Tottenham will struggle next season because of Lloris, as for big clubs the merry go round has not started yet

Last edited:
Ndombele doesn't have the desire and is not disciplined enough, is he? What political commentary would that remind you of?

When standing in a greenhouse, don't throw John.

Wind your neck in, Winston. I'm not the one in this discussion who accused anyone of a racist remark.

And you playing the race card gratuitously is every bit as brainless as anyone else doing so.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think, it's Spurs fan and that JPBB and JimB are one and the same.
Funny how one suddenly comes on to smoothe the other's shit over.

To be fair, JimB is one of the best visiting supporters on here mate, that has never come across as being his style and he's always posted with reasoned points and opinions.

For what it's worth I think he's correct in that intelligence (football or otherwise) is probably the wrong word to use and it probably is down to Ndombele not having the desire to play a defensive midfield role like it seems we're looking for, he may well have the attributes, we've seem Pep transform so many players, so see no reason why he couldn't do the same with him, but it would take time and is somewhat of a gamble, where as Rodri seems a natural fit who'll just slot right in.

To be fair, JimB is one of the best visiting supporters on here mate, that has never come across as being his style and he's always posted with reasoned points and opinions.

For what it's worth I think he's correct in that intelligence (football or otherwise) is probably the wrong word to use and it probably is down to Ndombele not having the desire to play a defensive midfield role like it seems we're looking for, he may well have the attributes, we've seem Pep transform so many players, so see no reason why he couldn't do the same with him, but it would take time and is somewhat of a gamble, where as Rodri seems a natural fit who'll just slot right in.
He doesn't have the desire to play the dm because he lacks the intelligence we are looking for in a dm , nobody was calling him thick because he is black, the dm is vital in our team they have to have a great footballing brain (intelligence) to play that role this started because basically the op was called a racist in so many words

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.