Standout Live Performances that hit you.

Wow - you have made my day! And you're in for a treat.

I would recommend starting with one of:
* The Getting Away With It...Live DVD (from which the above video is taken);
* Laid (album)
* Seven (album)
* Or a compilation like The Best Of... to begin with.
I've done a bit of YouTubing for the live stuff and am very impressed.
I always liked his voice anyway.
Going to give the albums a spin on spotify at the weekend.

Remember seeing Joe Dolan at the Garrick in Leigh @1971. He had a brass section and what seemed about 10 other people in the band. What a sound they made in a small venue. The small venues are still the best place to see anybody. And Little Richard @68 at the Domino on Grey Mare Lane, he was everything you expected. Electric.

Last edited:
Shed Seven at Castlefield Bowl last June.

It was a beautiful sunny day, sold out and everyone in good spirits (apart from the knobhead Twang fans fighting). It had the air of a 'full circle' moment for the band; much maligned from some quarters during their heyday in the 90s, to eventually splitting up at the turn of the century, to reforming a few years later down the line, to headlining their biggest show to date on the back of a first album release in 16 years.

You could tell Rick and the boys were loving the moment, he had 8,000 people eating out the palm of his hand. Whilst they never hit the heights of Oasis/Blur/Pulp et al they have, somewhat against the odds, outlasted many of their contemporaries.

Felt great to be a part of that day. And the hangover was off the scale the next morning.

Late 1990 saw the Levellers acoustic as no bass player in the Boardwalk. 3rd on the bill were a punky welsh 4 piece called the Manic Street Preachers.

Remember seeing Joe Dolan at the Garrick in Leigh @1971. He had a brass section and what seemed about 10 other people in the band. What a sound they made in a small venue. The small venues are still the best place to see anybody. And Little Richard @68 at the Domino on Grey Mare Lane, he was everything you expected. Electric.

There's no show like a Joe show.

A least that's what his fans say.

Went to see the Rolling Stones at Maine Road with my brother, not really a fan but they were fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.