Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd expect us to submit a bid if we were interested in the player in a deal that would be a record for City and possibly a record British deal. Deals like that take ages to conclude.

They only seem like an age to conclude because we aren't privy to the groundwork done beforehand?

Leicester are quite within their rights to hold the valuation they do. If you recall, they were initially quoting us £90m for Mahrez in the January.

Leicester will have business of their own to do, so perhaps they don't want to grant a deal on Maguire too quickly.

Yes, it is. United's revenue has/is forecast to increase £40m this year. So that can all go to wages.
Domalino be patient with me so I understand this.

We have established that there is a wages cap. £7m.

We have established that there is get out: Revenue uplift.

So what period is relevant re the uplift?

I had assumed that if you buy players in the current season, you have to show the Premier League board that any excess over the cap is justified by revenue increases in this season over the previous season. If that is the case then I thought there would be no uplift as Utd are out of the Champions League which has a huge impact on revenues.

It's okay, we let you do it to Patrick Roberts for over a year ;)

Pep made sure Maguire knew how highly he rated him on the actual pitch at the final whistle.

:) fair play. It’s all part of the game I guess! Not sure how hard Leicester will stick their guns, but I suspect some clubs such as Leicester, West Ham (not Palace, but that was a dumb deal for AWB anyway) are trying to harden their stance on selling key players due to the cash TV brings in.

I agree that Utd (Sorry Rags) are slowly learning their lesson on transfers, but where did their ability to scout go?

Certainly you lot are way more savvy than them.

I’ve got to admit when I’ve seen him (for the full 90 minutes) it’s usually been for England and I’ve never been impressed especially with his short passing game, he seems to get the ball stuck between his feet on occasion and looks very nervous in possession. That said his long passing seems to be brilliant and 9/10 hits the right man.

Glad you’re more optimistic than I am if he does eventually sign or us, I guess like yourself I just think we could use the money far more wisely but who am I to judge. Thanks for your thoughts though, it’ll be interesting to see how it all materialises.
Agree with England, I'm not sure why he's looked so uncomfortable when he's more often than not incredibly comfortable on the ball for us. To be fair a lot of games he's been used out of position in the three and he's ended up being isolated. Which isn't good for someone of his size. But, he's only just turned 26 so he's still young for a CB and I'm sure he'll settle down.

Domalino be patient with me so I understand this.

We have established that there is a wages cap. £7m.

We have established that there is get out: Revenue uplift.

So what period is relevant re the uplift?

I had assumed that if you buy players in the current season, you have to show the Premier League board that any excess over the cap is justified by revenue increases in this season over the previous season. If that is the case then I thought there would be no uplift as Utd are out of the Champions League which has a huge impact on revenues.

only guessing but doesnt it have to be seasons that are finished. Last seasons against the season before. How can you know what this season without chumps league will be. They might go out in both domestic cups at the first hurdle.

Agree with England, I'm not sure why he's looked so uncomfortable when he's more often than not incredibly comfortable on the ball for us. To be fair a lot of games he's been used out of position in the three and he's ended up being isolated. Which isn't good for someone of his size. But, he's only just turned 26 so he's still young for a CB and I'm sure he'll settle down.
I’m glad as a Leicester fan who I presume watches him far more often than we do that you said that. Anyone who dares to question his mobility and comfort on the ball on this forum is automatically told they’re talking bollocks, have fuck all understanding of the game and that Pep think they’re a ćunt. Although with me they’re probably right with the last bit.

If that is the case then I thought there would be no uplift as Utd are out of the Champions League which has a huge impact on revenues.

So this is where you are going wrong. Their 18/19 revenue has gone up compared to 17/18.

This is the revenue figure it is based on. It would be impossible to judge an allowed wage increase for summer 2019 transfers on the 19/20 financial year which hasn't even started yet for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.