Glastonbury 2019

Quite like hearing Interpol songs on the radio. They're a band I've thought about going to see live but on the evidence shown via Glastonbury coverage, I think I'll pass.

Seen them live twice. Trust me, they are bloody great. When you are at a gig with them the mix isn't like that. You can hear everything that is meant to be heard because at Glastonbury the vocals were too far forward in the mix.

Thought Stormzy clearly gave it everything, but only his biggest supporters would say that was successful. As I said when he was announced he just doesn't have the back catalogue, and he didn't space out his more well known ones - just played them in a row at the end. The crowd was uninvolved and appeared largely uninterested for the first 90 mins. I was expecting more guests, and I would have expected more from the ones he did use - eg I thought Dave's "Black" could have had an airing, and Chris Martin could have played a Coldplay song with Stormzy doing a verse or something over it. Jay Z sang wonderwall I think, and Kanye sang (but butchered) Bohemian Rhapsody - it just gives a little something for the crowd that aren't his biggest fans.

Looking at the overall line up though its pretty poor with a couple of exceptions, whereas it should be the other way round with the festivals budget.

Thought Stormzy clearly gave it everything, but only his biggest supporters would say that was successful. As I said when he was announced he just doesn't have the back catalogue, and he didn't space out his more well known ones - just played them in a row at the end. The crowd was uninvolved and appeared largely uninterested for the first 90 mins. I was expecting more guests, and I would have expected more from the ones he did use - eg I thought Dave's "Black" could have had an airing, and Chris Martin could have played a Coldplay song with Stormzy doing a verse or something over it. Jay Z sang wonderwall I think, and Kanye sang (but butchered) Bohemian Rhapsody - it just gives a little something for the crowd that aren't his biggest fans.

Looking at the overall line up though its pretty poor with a couple of exceptions, whereas it should be the other way round with the festivals budget.
They pay really low, it’s the kudos and exposure that’s the main attraction. I think the crowd were uninterested because they didn’t know loads of his set. I’m just listening to a geezer singing repeatedly “I’m a black man in a white world” what a pile of shite.

Always had a good time. First started going in 2009 when the eldest 2 were 17 and 20 and we got our '75 VW Van. I think this is number 7 for me. We have now got a Transit conversion now which is less fun but much more comfortable. I do miss the smiles we got in the old van but prefer the miles we get in this one :-)

There's a local lad playing in the Rabbit Hole on Saturday at 2 - Dave Fidler, he's been touring with John Bramwell (I am Kloot). Singer songwriter, very good and nice bloke to boot so if you are at a loose end.
I saw Dave Fiddler with Johnny Bramwell in Amsterdam at Paradiso about 4 years ago in November. We got there in good time but JB was on at Paradiso 2, it’s only a 10 minute ferry ride away but half an hour in a cab, got there in the middle of Dave Fiddlers set, it was very good. Johnny got on stage and announced he’d had too much ale the day before so if anyone wanted to buy him a drink, gin would be ok, he was a bit pissed but once he starts playing and singing you’d never know. Still gutted we never got to see the gig in Paradiso, iconic venue, Paradiso 2 is like a school concert room.

Charlatans was very good as per, only shown about 5 songs though, why not the full set? Great band live, tim burgess was dressed as Billy and Jonny and looked about 5 years old .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.