UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We founded New York City and immediately loaned Lampard from them. We saved ourselves a tonne of money and got a useful squad player for a season. It wasn't the same as this Barca / Valencia agreement but it's fishy enough for UEFA to come sniffing, and as far as we're all aware they haven't done yet. My point is that it's hard for us to take the moral high-ground in this instance when we've exploited loopholes for our own gain in similar ways.

For example, we've bought players from football clubs we own before loaning them out to raise their value and profit from their eventual transfers. We've attempted this (or something similar) with Luke Brattan, Aaron Mooy, Anthony Caceres, Mix Diskerud, Jack Harrison, Eirik Johansen, David Villa, Angelino, Shay Facey, and Yangel Herrera. The loophole exists so we've exploited it, but that doesn't stop it from being shady.

You really are posting bollocks , and a pseudo Rag coming on a MCFC forum accusing the club of being shady is not welcome , the club have been above aboard and transparent in everything they have done and have presented the facts to CAS , all the transfers and loans you mention have been ratified by the Premier League , UEFA and Uncle Tom Cobley .Football is now a business and the money we make on players goes towards the world class payers you watch every week , and yet you come out with this tripe , your a fucking hypocrite , and i can only surmise that due to the summer and lack of football you are bored , now give it a rest.

I will say, now I may be well off the spectrum with this..

But it’s interesting to look at our transfer activity this summer!

At the beginning of the summer it seemed like the club where giving the impression we were going to go hard this transfer window with the expectations of a transfer ban looming! It now seems to have calmed down and and we seem to be making signings for the following season on not really thinking of replacing players in two seasons time when the impending ban happens!

Looks really positive for the club and to me it seems like the club believe we will beat this!

Oh, no, I agree with that side of it. I wasn't clear there at all, apologies. I don't think it was designed to stop City specifically, but I believe it was designed to make sure that success stories like ours couldn't be achieved en masse. They were happy to allow City to join the big boys club so long as they constantly had the opportunity to undermine us and treat us like shit, but if too many clubs got wind that you could disrupt the cabal with some investment, then there'd be trouble, and so FFP was set up. As Hopper said in A Bug's Life: "You let one ant stand up to us, then they all might stand up. Those puny little ants outnumber us a hundred to one. And if they ever figure that out, there goes our way of life."

I don’t want to keep posting the same quotes but Platini specifically said that FFP was brought in to address City following pressure from of all people Abramovich, Burlesconi and Moratti.

I am not waiting for a ban I have banned myself from the champions league this season. I have never taken to the corrupt competition with it's favouring of the G14 and the way they have treated us. I hate night games due to transport problems and after that fiasco against Spurs that was it for me. The ref taking an age to look at the handball goal, then shrugging his shoulders and allowing it. Everyone knew he was always going to give it, checking was just a charade. Three people near me had the replay on their phones in seconds showing the handball but the system couldn't capture it? Yeah right! Then our "Winner." Does anyone believe that would have been disallowed at one of the favoured clubs?

It is also a small protest at the rise in season card prices. I have kept the domestic cup games as if we get drawn away I don't get charged and also the prices for home games are usually low. I am also guaranteed a final ticket, in the champions league I would have no chance. So sorry, as much as I'd like us to win it of course they can poke it.
Your choice but without the Champions League we wouldn’t have the players currently in our squad. Prior to qualifying we had to pay mega bucks in wages to attract players, it’s two fold, with CL it’s easier to bring in top class players and the extra revenue helps to pay for them. I think the atmosphere at some of the CL games has been amongst the best we’ve had in the past couple of years.

I don’t want to keep posting the same quotes but Platini specifically said that FFP was brought in to address City following pressure from of all people Abramovich, Burlesconi and Moratti.

Then you look at the fact that he was fired from FIFA, for accepting backhanders & is now under police investigation, for fixing the outcome of the World Cup decision & accepting backhanders for doing so.

And he set up FFP after meetings with those 3.

Why there should ever be any question of the morality of anything City have done in response to that, I have no idea.

Then you look at the fact that he was fired from FIFA, for accepting backhanders & is now under police investigation, for fixing the outcome of the World Cup decision & accepting backhanders for doing so.

And he set up FFP after meetings with those 3.

Why there should ever be any question of the morality of anything City have done in response to that, I have no idea.

Absolutely correct NK but the jealousy runs deep with the cartel cronies and hence the constant sniping.

I will say, now I may be well off the spectrum with this..

But it’s interesting to look at our transfer activity this summer!

At the beginning of the summer it seemed like the club where giving the impression we were going to go hard this transfer window with the expectations of a transfer ban looming! It now seems to have calmed down and and we seem to be making signings for the following season on not really thinking of replacing players in two seasons time when the impending ban happens!

Looks really positive for the club and to me it seems like the club believe we will beat this!
You're correct, you're well off.

The club have never given any indication at all besides Khaldoon saying things were already moving but that's normal and would have happened regardless. I'm also sure the club have always believed we've done nothing wrong.

Burlesconi and Moratti of course complained, but Platini actually said FFP was changed from its original iteration, to the version we have levied against us by the whole G14 who forced it on him. This was done to stop Arab oil billionaires using their petrol money to take over European football institutions. This is where the racism accusations against City originated from.

I think it was Moratti who stated can you imagine a CL Final between newly minted Man City & Red Bull Saltzburg just because the spent more money than anyone else.

FFP was always about self preservation for the G14, underpinned with the annual threat of a breakaway European Super League if they didn't get their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.