Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Is that a new fixed seat Configuration? I don't recall those thin strips of seating in SSL or SS2 or is that something to do with gigs at the stadium?

Sorry Keith, you are way off the mark. No offence. The vast majority of our red brick Victorian buildings have been saved in the latest building boom. Yes, we have lost some not great quality old buildings, but that is part and parcel of a changing city building cycle. Property developers are now more inclined to save and redevelop old buildings. The NQ and Ancoats being the prime examples.

I'm just doing my monthly city centre construction roundup for SSC. Been in town for over 4 hours and I've only just got halfway around the city centre. I used to do the whole city centre in 4-5 hours. It's construction madness in Manchester atm. 80 cranes!

Bar London, there isn't another (regional) city in the UK that has such a fantastic mix of old and new buildings side by side. That set's Manchester apart from other regional cities.

Albert Square will be iconic again. https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/manchester-showcases-car-free-albert-square/
Exchange Square is being revamped. So is the Cathedral Quarter. So is Piccadilly Gardens. The Great Northern Warehouse plaza is also being revamped. There's so much going on. It really is amazing how Manchester city centre is changing for the better. : -)

Have you been round Ancoats? I was in Cutting Room Square last night and it was booming but the beautiful Smiths Arms is gone for a boring block of apartments, The Shamrock is boarded up for development into apartments and the worst scrilidge of the lot is the piss poor extension currently being built to the St Peter's Halle. And then the square itself is now overlooked by a monstrous multi storey car park. I do agree there is a lot of good but Ancoats has a lot of heritage which is being eroded by greed and cannot be used as an example for saving old buildings.

Anyway just to stay on topic and not get told off that's a nice logo at the Etihad! :)

Just checked. Err no it hasn't!

It has.

It’s where the away fan devide is.

There’s half a block for City which is then cut off for the away section.

The other thiner section is for the start of the Legends Lounge seats.

It has all been this way ever since the SS was redeveloped.

web-new-stand-a78q9478.ashx

I'm not going to get into a protracted argument of yes it is , no it isn't. Go and look on the 3rd viewer of the ground. The layout is not like that at all and the photos are post SS3 development. My response was to a statement that it has always been that way and it certainly hasn't. My eyes tell me it wasn't as ive been a SC holder for donkeys and the viewer backs that up. That's my last word on it thanks.

Have you been round Ancoats? I was in Cutting Room Square last night and it was booming but the beautiful Smiths Arms is gone for a boring block of apartments, The Shamrock is boarded up for development into apartments and the worst scrilidge of the lot is the piss poor extension currently being built to the St Peter's Halle. And then the square itself is now overlooked by a monstrous multi storey car park. I do agree there is a lot of good but Ancoats has a lot of heritage which is being eroded by greed and cannot be used as an example for saving old buildings.

Anyway just to stay on topic and not get told off that's a nice logo at the Etihad! :)

I built the building where 7 brothers and second city are housed. I agree partly with you on the smith arms but the shamrock is no great loss. The buildings built by Manchester life are fairly average I agree. Square is great though.

Love the puma in the seats - great addition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.