United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good player but they need a whole lot more if they hope to get back into the top 4, I thought that Dalot was brought in to solve the right back issue and they have a lot more pressing issues to address.
He's played a grand total of 46 games for Crystal Palace, and is known apparently as a brilliant last-ditch tackler. The cynic in me says that he would have to be able to do that, as he is managed by one of the most dour, defensive dinosaurs in the PL, namely Roy Hodgson, who sets his stall out to frustrate his opponents wherever and whenever possible.
The acid test is "what is the rest of his game like"? Fortunately (or perhaps not so fortunately), we have seen him recently when he stepped up to play for he under 21s.
It would be right to say that he can perform last-ditch tackles quite competently, but, in my opinion, that appears to be the extent of his talents. Going forwards (as most defenders are expected to do at the higher levels) seemed to be beyond him, as was his passing ability and positional sense. To crown his performance, he scored a last minute own goal by trying to clear with his "good" foot when his other (left) foot would have sent the ball AWAY from the goals.

As you may guess, I'm not impressed with him as a player, and certainly NOT as £50M player.
I may be (un)pleasantly surprised, though.

Fucking love that gif haha
giphy.gif
One of the best. Reminds me of one of my many ex girlfriends. She dumped me as per.

Anybody seen the media outrage about a Manchester club spending 50million on a defender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.