Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me the headlines of him wanting out? Has he actually been quoted as saying that?
Sam Lee has posted quite a bit about him moving on and wanting more first team football + a few others aside have said same. So unless they're lying and us coincidentally targeting Cancelo is a dud rumor then we've all been played.

Sam Lee has posted quite a bit about him moving on and wanting more first team football + a few others aside have said same. So unless they're lying and us coincidentally targeting Cancelo is a dud rumor then we've all been played.
Just can't see him going to juve and doing what he's doing with us over there.

Just can't see him going to juve and doing what he's doing with us over there.

That's been the main issue. Initially Inter wanted him but Conte coming in has changed that since he has different targets in mind. And Juve don't want him as part of Cancelo deal either (as of yet), so now we're stuck till Danilo has a a club wanting him and agreeing to pay what we value him at. If not then obviously, he will stay, but if the opportunity is there to upgrade during all this, then we shouldn't shy away imo
Eventually some club would want him.

That's been the main issue. Initially Inter wanted him but Conte coming in has changed that since he has different targets in mind. And Juve don't want him as part of Cancelo deal either (as of yet), so now we're stuck till Danilo has a a club wanting him and agreeing to pay what we value him at. If not then obviously, he will stay, but if the opportunity is there to upgrade during all this, then we shouldn't shy away imo
He doesn't want to to juve with sarri there, he'll be playing right wing.

I don't get how we can't shift him he may not quite be good enough for us but surely teams must want a guy whos played for both real madrid and us. I also don't understand how madrid can shift players so easily but we cant.

He's in the category of player that is 90% good enough to be in an elite side. He'll never let you down and has an awesome set of skills, but isn't quite good enough to play in the first team.

In most aspects, he's better than Walker, but Walker's pace is huge for us in stopping counter attacks, so Danilo doesn't get a look in unless Walker is injured, fatigued or totally out of form.

Danilo faces the same dilemma at all other elite clubs, either he is happy hoovering up medals as a squad player or becomes a first teamer at a team that will finish 2-7th every season.

So far he's chosen medals at Madrid and City.

I hope we can get this deal sorted. Danilo is decent but obviously is selected when pep has to? Cancelo would be a huge upgrade on him and would play a lot more games

I think we would be more then happy if danilo stays to be honest he is a very good player the problem for him is walkers pace. We won't be starting both walker and cancelo and walker has just signed an extension can't see how we can keep both players happy.

I see him as crucial if Sane is to stay. Move Sane to the right with this lad over lapping down the wing and Sane cutting in. Raz on left with Mendy/Angeleno doing the same. Scary.....

He's in the category of player that is 90% good enough to be in an elite side. He'll never let you down and has an awesome set of skills, but isn't quite good enough to play in the first team.

In most aspects, he's better than Walker, but Walker's pace is huge for us in stopping counter attacks, so Danilo doesn't get a look in unless Walker is injured, fatigued or totally out of form.

Danilo faces the same dilemma at all other elite clubs, either he is happy hoovering up medals as a squad player or becomes a first teamer at a team that will finish 2-7th every season.

So far he's chosen medals at Madrid and City.
Good post sums it up nicely. On what I have seen of the guy over the last two years he is more than adequate cover. If he stays for another season I would be far from concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.