Glastonbury 2019

Incredible set, they smashed it to pieces. And agree with what you said about the new tracks adding loads. For a band to have released one of their best ever albums after 25 years is pretty damn impressive. Seeing them at the arena in November. Normally don't rate that place, but bet they will be fantastic there.

The Chemical Toilets as my old fella calls them.

Come on PC you can't surely think that?

I am open to suggestion on bands / acts that I have overlooked as I am unwilling to listen to Radio 1 and the like............

Of course there is, muggins! Every generation thinks their generation's music was the best and that new music is shite. Just like every generation (in the UK, that is) demonises youth as soon as they, themselves, hit 30 or 40.

Just watched Mavis Staples on iplayer, she's fantastic anyway but she's 80 in July, that's some career and still going strong.

Looking forward to Kylie now.

Come on PC you can't surely think that?

I am open to suggestion on bands / acts that I have overlooked as I am unwilling to listen to Radio 1 and the like............
I never listen to Radio 1. The only radio station I’ll listen to is Radio 6 but even then they overlook so many fantastic bands and acts. And then you’re struggling to find any other radio stations in the country that play decent music, which tells you everything you need to about modern music. It’s not that it’s not there, it’s that it’s purposely suppressed by the industry. The BBC even nearly axed 6 Music. That would have left the nation with no good radio stations. Madness!

But this is with me thinking that all the big bands from the past are overrated with their nostalgia or the fact that they were just part of the wave of music that were there when mass media exploded.

Great music has been released this decade by:
Agnes Obel, Al Lover, Allah-Las, Amber Arcades, Âme, American Bear, Anchorsong, Art Department, Avey Tare, The Babe Rainbow, BADBADNOTGOOD, Bass Drum Of Death, BC Camplight, Beck, The Bees, Ben Klock, Bibio, Big Thief, Bill Ryder-Jones, The Black Angels, The Black Keys, Black Rebel Motorcylce Club, Bonobo, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Causa Sui, The Charlatans, Charles Bradley, The Chemical Brothers, Chicano Batman, Christian Bland & The Revelators, The Cobra Lamps, Cool Ghouls, The Coral, Cosmonauts, Courtney Barnett, Crocodiles, Crumb, Crystal Stilts, Dan Auerbach, Darker My Love, Daughter, Dead Rabbits, Dead Vibrations, Devendra Barnhart, Dope Lemon, Doug Tuttle, The Durty Wurks, Earth Trax, Easy Giant, Elbow, The Everywheres, The Fat White Family, Father John Misty, The Fernweh, Foals, Gaz Coombes, The Gene Dudley Group, Ghost Dance Collective, Goat, Golden Dawn Arkestra, Good Morning, Grizzly Bear, Hanfry Martinez, Heaters, Henry Saiz, Herbert, Holy Wave, The Holydrug Couple, Hookworms, The Horrors, Hot Chip, Jacco Gardner, Jagwar Ma, James Holden, James Skelly, Jon Hopkins, Josephine Öhrn, Julia Holter, Khruangbin, The Kills, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, The Kundalini Genie, La Femme, La Luz, Letherette, Levitation Room, Little Barrie, Lorelle Meets The Obsolete, The Lucid Dream, Mat DeMarco, Madlib, Mantra Love, Maybird, Melody’s Echo Chamber, Midland, MONEY, Moon Duo, Morgan Delt, Moses Gun Collective, The Murlocks, Mystery Lights, Mystic Braves, Nadine Shah, Night Beats, Nina Kraviz, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Petre Inspirescu, PJ Harvey, Primiesku, Quantic, The Quantic Soul Orchestra, Renegades Of Jazz, The Roots, Sébastian Tellier, Serpent Power, Shapes Have Fangs, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, sir Was, Soulwax, The Spyrals, Sunglasses For Jaws, Tame Impala, Tammar, Temples, Terrance Terry, Tess Parks, TVAM, Ty Segall, The UFO Club, Ultimate Painting, Unknown Artist, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Unloved, Untold, Wand, Warpaint, White Denim, Wolf Alice, The Young Sinclairs, 77:78...

And so on and so on.

That’s just some of what I like. Someone else could come along with a list just as long with their own bands and artists that I haven’t even dipped into yet.

Great music is out there in abundance. Music is great and as good as ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.