Best Stadiums

I was really talking about Stadiums in England, however if we're talking other places I've always liked Seattle
2lbop5f.jpg

I was really talking about Stadiums in England, however if we're talking other places I've always liked Seattle
2lbop5f.jpg
A lot of stadiums in Great Britain are very unremarkable and lack character.

I would say the Principality Stadium in Cardiff is unique and remarkable.

Gall-MS-Beaut-01_rdax_80.jpg

2l-image-14.jpg

the-millennium-stadium-turf-could-be-replaced-by-a-plastic-pitch-348521385.jpg

Also think the University Of Bolton Stadium is a good stadium:
2902305.jpg

original_macron-stadium-minimalist-bolton-wanderers-print.jpg

Historically, Odsal Stadium in Bradford is an absolute belter:

D50-F7-WkAAOei5.jpg:large

image.jpg

(Biggest crowd for any sports even in the North of England, 1954 Challenge Cup Final replay: officially 102569, said to be more than that there though)

Today:
bradford-bulls-Odsal-1-e1461250452156.jpg

Tottenham is the best in the world.
Incredible, but like a lot of large modern stadia suffers from being a bit 'corporate' as does the Etihad at times. I'm not one that longs to go back to creaking old grounds nestling within dog shit strewn streets of terraced housing, but some of the modern ones do have the aura of a giant domestic appliance.

Concur, amazing place, shame really
I got the year wrong, it was 1954.

Here’s a great video of that Wire v Halifax Cup final replay at Odsal:

Good footage of a packed Maine Road at the end too for the Grand Final that same year between the same two sides.

Historically, Odsal Stadium in Bradford is an absolute belter (Biggest crowd for any sports even in the North of England, 1954 Challenge Cup Final replay: officially 102569, said to be more than that there though)

It's always puzzled me why Bradford City don't just sell their ground and share Odsal.

It's a miles better stadium than Valley Parade.

probably an old thread going some where but reading up on Maine Rd got the time machine ticking. What were other good stadiums and for that matter still are.
Personally I always thought Highbury was a great place, West Ham and Fulham both nice. There were way more that I didn't get to, never had the money for travelling all over the country. The old County Ground at Northampton had to be the worst
Have to agree about the County ground , what a shit hole but watched a few games there both football and cricket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.