Returning to Maine Road

I was born and grew up on Edith road, don’t think I could go back and stomach seeing new housing over the ground, last visit was the Southampton game here too

The double decker buses would be lined up on somewhere like Claremont Road, IIRC. The Southern Cemetery bus from town world be a handy one for Maine Road.

i'm 26 now and my first season ticket was the first season at the City of Manchester Stadium in 03/04. One thing that pisses me off is having pretty much zero memories of Maine Road. My dad did take me once or twice but i can't remember it which fucks me off to this day haha ! did anyone on here get to see Oasis on one of the two nights they did at Maine Road?

The double decker buses would be lined up on somewhere like Claremont Road, IIRC. The Southern Cemetery bus from town world be a handy one for Maine Road.
I recall them on Lloyd St also.
Maine Rd was a great location if you were on the bus as not only was the depot a couple of Hundred yards up Claremont Rd/ Princess Rd you had all the 100s, the 40s the infamous 53 etc .

I recall them on Lloyd St also.
Maine Rd was a great location if you were on the bus as not only was the depot a couple of Hundred yards up Claremont Rd/ Princess Rd you had all the 100s, the 40s the infamous 53 etc .

It might have been Lloyd st. I'm thinking about. We definitely walked behind Platt lane to get a bus and not up towards the north stand. I'm talking about in the 70's by the way.
Cheers.

Match buses to Wythenshawe (100s etc).went from Bowes Street, outside Princess Road bus depot.
Buses from town stopped on Lloyd Street so presumably left from there, assuming they ran afterwards.

i'm 26 now and my first season ticket was the first season at the City of Manchester Stadium in 03/04. One thing that pisses me off is having pretty much zero memories of Maine Road. My dad did take me once or twice but i can't remember it which fucks me off to this day haha ! did anyone on here get to see Oasis on one of the two nights they did at Maine Road?
I was there both nights. Ran one of the bars in the new kippax. About 30 minutes before Oasis came on, we were ordered to close all the bars and invited to join the crowd on the pitch. I made it to the back-stage party in the VIP at the top of the Kippax :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.