City's New Kits - 2019/20

Looking at the way the kits were launched and the style of some of the fashion collection it's clear that Puma want to start making City more marketable to the Streetwear and fashion scene that is becoming more influenced by football culture. PSG, Barcelona and Inter all do this very well and it's time that City should try and push into this market a little more. They've promo event included up and coming Grime music names in Aitch and Bugzy Malone (and DJ Joleon Lescott who could forget) and they've tried to incorporate the historic music/nightclub scene in the kits, which would hopefully appeal to both young and old. The promo video as well tries to nail down the youth demographic in the form of streetwear, social media, video games and the like.

Overall it's very clear that Puma are trying to make City a bigger, more fashionable and 'cooler' club in the new digital world. However I can't see Puma being as popular as Adidas and Nike in terms of street fashion. The Promo video and launch event were a little too "chief exec thinks this is what kids want" type of video but fair play to giving it a go. I'm sure the kits will win over the youth and the players on the pitch will make it more iconic. If you don't like it, there's always next year where we might get some more traditional kits and styles.

Looking at the way the kits were launched and the style of some of the fashion collection it's clear that Puma want to start making City more marketable to the Streetwear and fashion scene that is becoming more influenced by football culture. PSG, Barcelona and Inter all do this very well and it's time that City should try and push into this market a little more. They've promo event included up and coming Grime music names in Aitch and Bugzy Malone (and DJ Joleon Lescott who could forget) and they've tried to incorporate the historic music/nightclub scene in the kits, which would hopefully appeal to both young and old. The promo video as well tries to nail down the youth demographic in the form of streetwear, social media, video games and the like.

Overall it's very clear that Puma are trying to make City a bigger, fashionable and 'cooler' club in the new digital world. However I can't see Puma being as popular as Adidas and Nike in terms of street fashion. The Promo video and launch event were a little too "chief exec thinks this is what kids want" type of video but fair play to giving it a go however. I'm sure the kits will win over the youth and the players on the pitch will make it more iconic. If you don't like it, there's always next year where we might get some more traditional kits and styles.
I dunno you know, Puma are big in London. The roadmen love it. It seems to be big in black culture. Don’t know if I’m right with that, but I see a lot of kids down there wearing it. Nike’s a bit run of the mill. I think Adidas holds more weight, but a lot of the Adidas stuff is retro and aimed at an older audience, where Puma targets a certain age range

And yet, with two junior blues in the house I think Puma are still going to cost me a fortune

Same here. My grandkids - 3 of them, eldest 8, one boy, 2 girls - love all the new kits, especially the pink away goalie’s jersey! Think that’s birthdays and Christmas sorted. Pass the begging bowl!

Overall it's very clear that Puma are trying to make City a bigger, more fashionable and 'cooler' club in the new digital world. However I can't see Puma being as popular as Adidas and Nike in terms of street fashion. The Promo video and launch event were a little too "chief exec thinks this is what kids want" type of video but fair play to giving it a go. I'm sure the kits will win over the youth and the players on the pitch will make it more iconic. If you don't like it, there's always next year where we might get some more traditional kits and styles.

Let’s face it we are all bloody old now, or we would be commenting on this in the form of interprative dance on tictok

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno you know, Puma are big in London. The roadmen love it. It seems to be big in black culture. Don’t know if I’m right with that, but I see a lot of kids down there wearing it. Nike’s a bit run of the mill. I think Adidas holds more weight, but a lot of the Adidas stuff is retro and aimed at an older audience, where Puma targets a certain age range
I agree Puma are probably quite big in London but with them losing the Arsenal contract I can't see them being as big anymore. Nike and Adidas are just bigger and market themselves a lot better. The promotional video Adidas have just done for arsenal is excellent. A perfect blend of interests for old and new fans.

Ordered the Away Shirt for my boys and myself - looks mint! You get an extra £5 off if you login with your Cityzen Account.

Usually order the Home Shirts but not a fan of the Purple at all.

Last edited:
Purple on the home shirt..i really don't get it. Or is Purple the new colour for City. Now if it was maroon I would get that. Maybe a touch of dark orange next year

Is there any news on the 125th Anniversary kit?

Is it a kit? Or just a shirt? Is it as dark as the blue in the photos? Or was that just the light? Will the team wear it for any games at all?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.