Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

You asked if it was new.

The answer is no it has been like that for 4 years.

That pic I posted is when the Stand first opened. You can see this via the unfinished corners. The panels between stand and roof were put in place in October 2015.

Thanks.

web-new-stand-a78q9478.ashx
etihad_stadium%20(3).jpg

It’s only that small but next to the away fans that has the slim section on Level 1. It’s usually thicker blocks the further across L1 you go.

etihad_stadium%20(3).jpg

It’s only that small but next to the away fans that has the slim section on Level 1. It’s usually thicker blocks the further across L1 you go.

Yeah. They’re still putting in seats in the middle bit of the pic I posted.

Slim sections are next to the away fans (all tiers) and either side of the Legends Lounge seats. Been that way since the Stand was developed.

Is there any way of digging down an extra 5m to add another couple of rows? There's still quite a lot of space between the front row at the side of the pitch. I think you could add of the order of 1,500 seats by doing this-if it's possible.

Is there any way of digging down an extra 5m to add another couple of rows? There's still quite a lot of space between the front row at the side of the pitch. I think you could add of the order of 1,500 seats by doing this-if it's possible.

They’ve dug as far as they can after putting in the new front 3 rows. The front row is already quite far below pitch level.

It would also interfere with sight lines in other parts of the stadium if they also lowered the pitch to accommodate this.

They’ve dug as far as they can after putting in the new front 3 rows. The front row is already quite far below pitch level.

It would also interfere with sight lines in other parts of the stadium if they also lowered the pitch to accommodate this.

Unless they move taller people to the new rows ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you been round Ancoats? I was in Cutting Room Square last night and it was booming but the beautiful Smiths Arms is gone for a boring block of apartments, The Shamrock is boarded up for development into apartments and the worst scrilidge of the lot is the piss poor extension currently being built to the St Peter's Halle. And then the square itself is now overlooked by a monstrous multi storey car park. I do agree there is a lot of good but Ancoats has a lot of heritage which is being eroded by greed and cannot be used as an example for saving old buildings.

Anyway just to stay on topic and not get told off that's a nice logo at the Etihad! :)

i walked through NQ on saturday and so much as changed since i was in on there week in week out.

And not in a good way

We need to extend the North Stand asap. As more and more clubs are increasing their capacity to over 60 000. Hopefully when it gets done it will take our capacity to well over 60,00 to somewhere nearer 65,000. I just wonder if it is at all possible to extended both levels one and two by extending them outwards for a couple of rows, all the way round.

That would be my first preference for expansion before all else.

All stands are a fair distance from the pitch. Would be much more intimidating to have the stands right on the pitch. Spurs’ big stand is right by the pitch.
tottenham-hotspur-stadium-spurs-populous-london_dezeen_2364_col_17-852x762.jpg

When Agüero missed that penalty, from the normal camera shot from behind the goal you could see plenty of the fans in the stand in the foreground.

Can the whole pitch level be dug down further at the Etihad? Or would there be a problem with the drainage with it even lower down?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.