It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Has it occurred to you guys that perhaps Txiki might make a mistake every once and a while? It's ok to say it

He’s looking to get a return on him. You have to speculate to accumulate. It’s only seems a mistake if you don’t understand the process

Last edited:
His contract was extended to give him time to recover, so we could sell him for a fee. The player gets another 12 months of wages, and hopefully City can get £20m, minus the £3-4m in wages. Better than nothing at all. It's risky, but better than him walking away for nothing mate.
Not to mention that cutting a player free while he's crocked doesn't reflect well on the club. Admittedly that might be just me and my rose tinted glasses and have no bearing but I'd like to think it entered the thinking to some measure.

Not to mention that cutting a player free while he's crocked doesn't reflect well on the club. Admittedly that might be just me and my rose tinted glasses and have no bearing but I'd like to think it entered the thinking to some measure.
Maybe they were thinking he may not come back then they can do an insurance claim

His contract was extended to give him time to recover, so we could sell him for a fee. The player gets another 12 months of wages, and hopefully City can get £20m, minus the £3-4m in wages. Better than nothing at all. It's risky, but better than him walking away for nothing mate.

Sorry, are you suggesting that someone would pay £20 million for Mangala?!

Reactions: cjn
Sorry, are you suggesting that someone would pay £20 million for Mangala?!
We accepted £27m from Palace, but Mangler rejected the move to stay & fight for his place. IIRC, he later went on loan to Everton.

I reckon with a good injury free loan spell, he could be worth £15 - £20m. Watford were talking £35m for Troy Deeney 18 months ago! :-)

the mangler, maybe we extended his contract because we look after our players, if we didn't extend his contract then he would of been out of contract coming off a serious injury and that may of fucked his career up (I know ,I know) this way he gets the facilities to get fit and might get a little bit of money for him, good luck to the lad ,his transfer didn't work out,but he hasn't caused a stir ,no bad mouthing ,just picked up his wages for doing fuck all :)

the mangler, maybe we extended his contract because we look after our players, if we didn't extend his contract then he would of been out of contract coming off a serious injury and that may of fucked his career up (I know ,I know) this way he gets the facilities to get fit and might get a little bit of money for him, good luck to the lad ,his transfer didn't work out,but he hasn't caused a stir ,no bad mouthing ,just picked up his wages for doing fuck all :)
People don’t give city enough credit for the way they treat their players.

Even at academy level we get hammers for not bringing enough through to our team but no one mentions how many of them now have a flourishing career in a difficult industry to break + for those that don’t make it they get a decent education.

I would be surprised if it was a ‘look this didn’t work but we’ll try to look after you till you find your feet’ contract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.