Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Priceless:

Police in Conakry have confirmed that Keita's family home in Guinea was besieged by angry youths at the weekend.

"We sent a team of policemen to a house at Coleah in Conakry to restore calm after some youths attempted acts of riotous conduct in a house believed to be the family home of footballer Naby Keita," a police source told the BBC.

Local media reported that the youths were venting frustration at one of Keita's relatives who they believed had performed witchcraft, affecting the Liverpool star's Nations Cup performances and increasing his recent spate of injuries.

It’s not his fault he’s shit, it’s witchcraft.......

I lived in West Africa, I've been to Conakry, that story is not far fetched at all.

Accusations of witchcraft and juju are commonplace.

My view is that a vast majority of "normal" Liverpool fans genuinely think that City has a better team. Some may argue that the Liverpool starting eleven is equal, but few will argue against City having a much better squad.
Take a peep at today's Echo, and read the abuse Raheem and City are getting after the paper published part of his interview with a magazine. Of course the Echo only reported the reason he gave for leaving and are obviously still purposely pot stirring against a player they hate for having the temerity to improve himself.

Take a peep at today's Echo, and read the abuse Raheem and City are getting after the paper published part of his interview with a magazine. Of course the Echo only reported the reason he gave for leaving and are obviously still purposely pot stirring against a player they hate for having the temerity to improve himself.
Did just find this absolute gem of a comment on another story. This is beautiful:
"
Take away the head to head league results against City last season? 4pts to City and 1pt for us, the rest of the games we achieved 96pts and they only got 94pts and that despite them winning their final 15 games.
So we were the better team over all and only lost out in the head to heads unfortunately
"

I lived in West Africa, I've been to Conakry, that story is not far fetched at all.

Accusations of witchcraft and juju are commonplace.

I wasn’t questioning the story, I just thought it funny that witchcraft is being blamed for his performances.

Klopp can add it to his repertoire of long grass, strong wind and my personal fave, a decision wrongly given in their favour.

Did just find this absolute gem of a comment on another story. This is beautiful:
"
Take away the head to head league results against City last season? 4pts to City and 1pt for us, the rest of the games we achieved 96pts and they only got 94pts and that despite them winning their final 15 games.
So we were the better team over all and only lost out in the head to heads unfortunately
"
If only there was a method to determine who was the best team at the end of the season, I'm sure someone will come up with one some day.

I wasn’t questioning the story, I just thought it funny that witchcraft is being blamed for his performances.

Klopp can add it to his repertoire of long grass, strong wind and my personal fave, a decision wrongly given in their favour.

Yep, expect Klopp to start whinging about refs not allowing Alisson to piss on the goal posts and hang bones, animal skins and teeth in the netting.

That's commonplace in West Africa and in the second half the goalkeepers do it all over again.

Yep, expect Klopp to start whinging about refs not allowing Alisson to piss on the goal posts and hang bones, animal skins and teeth in the netting.

That's commonplace in West Africa and in the second half the goalkeepers do it all over again.

They do something similar in Liverpool involving dead chickens

Let's face reality here, we are NEVER going to be the media's blue-eyed boys: the rags, the dippers and -to a lesser extent- Spurs, will always occupy those positions. Whatever we have achieved in the past, and whatever we achieve in the future, we will never get even 5% of the fawning adulation the 'glory' clubs get from the tabloids and the likes of Sky and BT, and also the Beeb.

We had the temerity, the sheer effrontery, to come along and put the rags' noses out of joint - a major sin in the eyes of the British media. Roberto Mancini had the impudence to not only stand up to that snarling, rancid, despotic bully, but to also get the better of him - repeatedly. Something the likes of Slug Custis and his parasitical mates will never forgive us for.

And I am loving every bastard nanosecond of it. Second only to the trophies we have amassed, and the scintillating football we have played in order to win those said trophies, second only to that is the fact that the media in this country are being made to look like the unethical, biased, amateur hacks we've always known they are.

Let's face reality here, we are NEVER going to be the media's blue-eyed boys: the rags, the dippers and -to a lesser extent- Spurs, will always occupy those positions. Whatever we have achieved in the past, and whatever we achieve in the future, we will never get even 5% of the fawning adulation the 'glory' clubs get from the tabloids and the likes of Sky and BT, and also the Beeb.

We had the temerity, the sheer effrontery, to come along and put the rags' noses out of joint - a major sin in the eyes of the British media. Roberto Mancini had the impudence to not only stand up to that snarling, rancid, despotic bully, but to also get the better of him - repeatedly. Something the likes of Slug Custis and his parasitical mates will never forgive us for.

And I am loving every bastard nanosecond of it. Second only to the trophies we have amassed, and the scintillating football we have played in order to win those said trophies, second only to that is the fact that the media in this country are being made to look like the unethical, biased, amateur hacks we've always known they are.

What a brilliantly eloquent post.

You have a fantastic way with words, Mr Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.