Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance, wouldn’t get near 20,000 never mind 30,000, until they stop the salary cap then the ladies are going to keep going to Lyon, Barca etc etc meaning lower crowds
Let's see. I wouldn't be surprised if 6000 rags turned up just for the novelty value. I remember going to watch City v United in a cricket match at Old Trafford Cricket Ground in the late 60s. There was a huge crowd and the match was abandoned when a riot started! I agree about the salary cap. Just like the football authorities here to be years behind the rest of the world.

I am going. Cant wait.

It will be annoying though watching Utd women getting all the headlines this season, they've done fuck all for the womens game then grab the headlines. I hope we fuck them over good style.

'Twas ever thus. Just listening to the sports slot on R2 and amidst all the fuckin' hype about the 'Lionesses' (detest that nonsense!) Neville has such an advantage in that he played under Sir Alex Ferguson. WTF, all of a sudden, do people think that Ferguson gives a tuppenny shite about England football teams! Another Rag team, same old shite!

I noticed the BBC ran the story with the Rags posing as champions ! Omitting to point out it was the Championship. The Rag Women will get 95 percent of the coverage on the BBC next season.

We all know why the salary cap was put in.

Don't want us dominating the women's game too.

I find it sad that our best players earn in a year what Rashford will earn half a week.

The kind of money bandied about re Trashford puts him in the same slot at Yaya, Aguero, de Bruyne, I'm thinking! Risible! He's done a fuckin' Rooney on 'em!

Reactions: nmc
I noticed the BBC ran the story with the Rags posing as champions ! Omitting to point out it was the Championship. The Rag Women will get 95 percent of the coverage on the BBC next season.

And those canutes from Media City were over in LIVERPOOL on the national news 'cos it's the birthplace of Nikki Parris - no mention that it was EFC she played for! And amidst the green kit of the girls they were showing, one of them takes centre stage sporting a Dipper shirt!

Let's see. I wouldn't be surprised if 6000 rags turned up just for the novelty value. I remember going to watch City v United in a cricket match at Old Trafford Cricket Ground in the late 60s. There was a huge crowd and the match was abandoned when a riot started! I agree about the salary cap. Just like the football authorities here to be years behind the rest of the world.
Don’t remember the match being abandoned, but do recall we thrashed them.

Just checked, the game was before the 1968/69 season. City batted first and scored 168 runs and the Scum were bowled out for 79. There was a pitch invasion following the match and some scuffles between teenage fans of both teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.