Help me get my toddler to sleep

Does his door shut in a way that he can't open? If so I'd just shut him in there and see what happens!

Give him a bit extra food perhaps an hour before bed as well, might make him sleep better

We had problems with our son, eventually asked the health visitor for advice. We were told put him to bed and tell him you’ll go back after ten minutes and keep going in every 10 minutes just say we’ll look back in after another 10 until he dropped off. After a week increase to 15 then 20 then 30. Took us about a 3 or 4 weeks but it worked. Know what your going through.

Does his door shut in a way that he can't open? If so I'd just shut him in there and see what happens!

Give him a bit extra food perhaps an hour before bed as well, might make him sleep better
Nah he can open the door. There’s a baby gate in front of it that he can’t get past, but he just stands at his baby gate. I want to put a latch at the top, to lock him in, but wife won’t allow it. Don’t know why, she thinks it’s cruel.

Haha you get used to it permanently fucked:) respite stay over for the next two days:) me and the Mrs just fall asleep on our night's off,
This, the reality of parenting. As for 'having children keeps you young' - do they fuck. Unless you've got two sets of fairly well off retired grandparents living locally to dump them on, get used to being skint and knackered all the time.
Wouldn't have it any other way mind.

he won’t stay in his bed and is driving me batshit crazy. We’ve not had a full nights sleep in about 6 months. Can anyone suggest any inventive legal ways of keeping him in his bed?

I was up for putting a lock on the outside of his door but his mam ain’t having it.

Piriton and whisky - you work out who gets what!?

Nah he can open the door. There’s a baby gate in front of it that he can’t get past, but he just stands at his baby gate. I want to put a latch at the top, to lock him in, but wife won’t allow it. Don’t know why, she thinks it’s cruel.
They need to know you are still there, even if you are ignoring them.

he won’t stay in his bed and is driving me batshit crazy. We’ve not had a full nights sleep in about 6 months. Can anyone suggest any inventive legal ways of keeping him in his bed?

I was up for putting a lock on the outside of his door but his mam ain’t having it.

How old?
Either way, remember your house is not a democracy, the child is not your equal. The child only does what is allowed/tolerated and what it thinks it can get away with

I’ve a toddler, she was 2 in Feb. She tries it on now and again but has been in a routine of sleeping through since about 3 or 4 months old

Rule with an iron fist, would be my advice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.