FIFA Women's WC France 2019

I was hoping they’d get through, I don’t particularly follow women’s football, but this has now f*cked the BBC judging panel up for SPOTY team of the year, the women fell at the second to the last hurdle and the men’s cricket team aren’t looking like world beaters any more.

I suppose it’s only fair to give it to everyone’s favourites then... Liverpool ;-)

Football fans thrive on righteous indignation. We love feeling like our team is the only one that's hard done by. VAR's come in and showed us how often our team has actually benefited from bad refereeing, and none of us like that feeling. Perfectly natural phenomenon but doesn't make the reactions to it any less emotional. VAR's hardly perfect and its implementation needs work but the complaints that it's "ruining the game" feel ridiculously hyperbolic and based on nothing but pure emotion. We've spent years asking for VAR and now it's here - best approach is surely to adapt and change and look for compromise?

Wonder now why Ellen White didn’t take the pen. She’s been so hot this tournament.

A fair comment, the other penalties have been piss poor, 3 missed. Thought Bronze had her poorest game of the tournament tonight, and the changes Neville made didn't work.

Football fans thrive on righteous indignation. We love feeling like our team is the only one that's hard done by. VAR's come in and showed us how often our team has actually benefited from bad refereeing, and none of us like that feeling. Perfectly natural phenomenon but doesn't make the reactions to it any less emotional. VAR's hardly perfect and its implementation needs work but the complaints that it's "ruining the game" feel ridiculously hyperbolic and based on nothing but pure emotion. We've spent years asking for VAR and now it's here - best approach is surely to adapt and change and look for compromise?

The problem is people wanted VAR because it would bring in "correct" decisions - by which they actually meant for their team fuck the rest. Turns out that you get VAR and it isn't the great outcome you believed it was ...................if only there was another event happening in life right now that could learn from this...............

Amen!
Finally, some sense.
VAR has made me realise how many decisions we’ve allowed to let go during a match, it’s ridiculous how many years we’ve put up with offside goals and wrong penalty decisions. How anyone can be happy to go back to the officials guessing over VAR beats me.

Wonder now why Ellen White didn’t take the pen. She’s been so hot this tournament.
Apart from who specifically should have taken it instead, I am still trying to understand Houghton taking it.

She is one of the best female defenders in the world. But finisher she is not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.