Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester won't sell him for less than £80m. Can't see us paying that amount.

They hold all the cards here, especially with Euros next summer.
To be honest, I can see us paying that amount. He's English, half decent, plus Pep & Txiki must like him if we opened our bidding at more than we paid for Mahrez. If you think about it, for an attack minded coach, Pep's spent a shit load on defenders and seems to have prioritised them since he came here.

Wasn't it only 21 goals conceded in the league last year? Championships are won with a strong defence, it's the reason Liverpool's fortunes changed after spending a world record fee on VVD. Kompany's gone and we need a defensive powerhouse and leader, however try as I might I can't think of a better option for us right now who's proven, available and British.

To be honest, I can see us paying that amount. He's English, half decent, plus Pep & Txiki must like him if we opened our bidding at more than we paid for Mahrez. If you think about it, for an attack minded coach, Pep's spent a shit load on defenders and seems to have prioritised them since he came here.

Wasn't it only 21 goals conceded in the league last year? Championships are won with a strong defence, it's the reason Liverpool's fortunes changed after spending a world record fee on VVD. Kompany's gone and we need a defensive powerhouse and leader, however try as I might I can't think of a better option for us right now who's proven, available and British.

I agree. He’s a very good defender and a position we need to fill now.

Isn’t de ligt (supposed generational player) going to go for less at £65m or something. This is just bloody mad

It'll make united up their bid ?

Or maguire has stated he wants city which makes sense. Why join a Utd team that have issues & to be honest not much better than Leicester. A lot of pressure at Utd next year. If we don’t match it he will go to Utd which is where I see him going.

Isn’t de ligt (supposed generational player) going to go for less at £65m or something. This is just bloody mad

That's on Ajax tbf. They are willing to let De Ligt go and only want a certain amount. Leicester has no reason to let Maguire leave.

Or maguire has stated he wants city which makes sense. Why join a Utd team that have issues & to be honest not much better than Leicester. A lot of pressure at Utd next year. If we don’t match it he will go to Utd which is where I see him going.
Depends on how seriously City want him. I would make him a priority because he's dominant in the air and we are not, and he can play too. Very good fit and would make City very strong defensively for years to come. I like Ake too, but the best target with least risk is Maguire imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.