FIFA Women's WC France 2019

Great game, unlucky to not be a draw at full time. I still bang my head for Neville changing the shape and formation against the USA for this game in the tournament.

Read this morning they’ve not played this formation for 18 months. Wtf !!!
Why does he keep playing Pat Butcher she has been shit in every game pity she didn’t get sent off earlier in the tournament

The English press are loving this! They love a "plucky" loser and a "hard luck" defeat, way more than a successful and efficient winning machine.

Does VAR not allow for the players to be level sometimes? They looked level for the goal to me. I thought level was onside. What has happened to the guidelines that the benefit of doubt goes to the attacker? The margin of error of when you freeze the frame must be an issue.

Does VAR not allow for the players to be level sometimes? They looked level for the goal to me. I thought level was onside. What has happened to the guidelines that the benefit of doubt goes to the attacker? The margin of error of when you freeze the frame must be an issue.

Despite what you think,the fact is she wasn't level.

It was very harsh,and very unlucky,and i think such intervention takes humanity from the game.......but ultimately it was the correct decision.

I've really enjoyed this tournament and the England team have really pushed on since the Euros two years ago. They went out fighting last night and held their own against the best team in the world. It was a big improvement on the way they limped out against Holland a couple of years back.

I don't get why some people feel the need to jump straight on here after games to be critical about it. Of course there are more misplaced passes. They haven't had the encouragement, resources or remuneration to compete with the men's game. On top of that, the England team are being asked to adapt under new management and play possession based style of football. It's a big ask but the progress they're making is hugely impressive. You can focus on the mistakes if you want but when some of these sides have hit their stride I think the passages of play have been a joy to watch. It's clearly getting better if you look at the bigger picture.

For the first time in this country I think we have a generation of young girls who will be watching football and knowing it's possible for them to play on a big stage and make some kind of living from it. It's a shame the England team fell short this time put they've continued to push things forward and they deserve credit for their dedication and the levels they've hit.

I think it's also time the FA had a rethink regarding the salary cap. I know they had their reasons for introducing it but with more and more PL clubs throwing more weight behind their teams it might be the right time to remove the barriers. It doesn't seem right that our best players are having to leave in order to make a real living out of the game. The growth of the WSL will surely stall if new fans who want to carry on after watching these tournaments suddenly discover the likes of Lucy Bronze are nowhere to be seen on these shores.

It was very harsh,and very unlucky,and i think such intervention takes humanity from the game.......but ultimately it was the correct decision.
In that case I think it would be fairer to use the position of the feet to decide on a position rather than if they are leaning forwards or backwards while they are running. And what would happen in situations where the players are actually level?

What was frightening was how poor the pass completion was from both sides given that they are meant to be two of the top three women's sides.

There is a picture on the back pages of Neville with his arms around Steph's neck. A bit like how you would cuddle your girlfriend just before you stuck your tongue down her throat. Not sure I am comfortable with this,arm around, hugging the players bit. Wonder how it works at the after match dressing room team talk when the girls are getting their kit off ready for a shower.

We don't know it was, and that's the point, its a single frame used, who picks that frame ?

With players moving quickly, often in opposite directions, the ball moving quickly, there is still scope for error, because the technology is not up to the job, we don't even know that the lines we see are in perspective.

Not a single USA player appealed, until after the goal was scored, well they would then wouldn't they ?

We've actually gone from encouraging goals (what wins in football) by giving strikers the benefit of the doubt on offside, to discouraging them, but disallowing marginal ones, just to pander to a technology that isn't yet good enough, and we're now saying his (her) big toe was offside, to me its ridiculous that football seems to want to prevent the whole reason we play it, goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.